simple microphone electret capsule for PC.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adeguntoro

Hai, i'm new in here, and sorry for my bad english.
few hours ago i build simple microphone electret capsule for my PC, also i add 10 K Ohm resistor, and the result is pretty good. But, i heard like noisy sound like "ssssssssssssssssssssssst". How to "remove" or reduce this noisy sound ?and how to add volume controller for my microphone ?
thanks for your help.
i use front panel microphone jack, and my sound card is Realtek ALC887.

Not sure there's much you can do on the microphone side - onboard audio is notoriously noisy, and the length of cable from the front panel jack to the mainboard isn't helping (with all the high-speed digital signaling spraying EMI everywhere inside the computer case)...

Very likely, not without some external sound card.  On-board sound is there, most of the time, to "get the job done". For microphone inputs, that's for Skype or "non-critical" things like that.

But you can find cheap little 2-channel USB interfaces on ebay or whatever, for just a couple of tens of $ (well under 100$, easy).

Another user had a similar sort of problem, "even" with a brand new good-quality mic:
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=66385.0

Back