I did the unthinkable (Capsule)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingkorg

Hi guys. Long story short, i wanted to remove resonant plates of Octava 319 and made a hole in the diaphragm with the screwdriver :(

Than i thought i might just tear the capsule apart to se how the thing is made, just for the fun and educational purposes LoL

So i did it, touched the diaphragm for the first time in my life, left fingerprints all over it, removed back diaphragm, abused it hard.

Then i thought, why don't i just try to flatten it at the hole as much as i can (with my nails) and put just a drop of super glue (gel) and put the thing together just to hear if it will work before i swap the capsule with new one.

Damn thing works perfectly and sounds gorgeus. Not saying it sounds better, but it doesn't sound bad in any way.

Too bad i didn't record any samples before. I hope i'll find another one to compare them. I am puzzled, how fragile these things realy are?

Yeap, pretty fragile. 
https://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=64041.0
You could buy this one or just made it diy (as i did) - srewdriver + heatshrink.
BTW. currently am modding M-Audio mike which is almost identical to yours modified GT - probably i will give you some other tips in case of modding it ;)

Latest posts

Back