Dual 1073 style micpre & EQ in 1u

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting there..!  I made a couple of changes to the metalwork to make it a little stronger than the prototype I built, and now waiting for the metalworkers to get a run made with the changes.. 
Also working on the website / build manual etc..  and also I was doing the designs for the front panels and different build options for the additional 1066 and 1084 options as it's much easier for the metalworkers to run off everything together at the same time.. 
Shouldn't be too long now..!

Would it be possible to position the DI input on the front of the unit in later production runs? May not look as clean but it's a nice feature for convenience sake.

This is amazing David. Changes the whole game actually - instead of fitting 5 NV73EQs  or worse 3 BAE or Heritage 500 Series 1073s in a 3U 500 Series Rack, one can fit 6 full 1073 circuits in that same 3U.  A portable 6U rack could hold 10 1073s and an AD/DA interface.

Love it! Like you said, nothing else out there like it, and I know how good your stuff sounds! Kudos!

Beautiful work! I would be interested in one kit when you've gotten it all together.

kante1603 said:
Will it happen this year?

Best regards,

Udo.

Yes sorry for the delay all!!  I got some new tooling made by the metalworkers which slowed things down, but will make the metal work go quicker in future runs and be cheaper in the long run, and better quality..  But unfortunately had an immense delay for that..  They said a few weeks ago it was in the silkscreeners now, and I should expect it in two weeks..  so anytime now as that was 3 or 4 weeks ago...    Then once that comes in, I'll quickly build one to make sure all is the same as my prototype build.. and then I'll put it on the website with all documentation etc.. 
Hope everyone's having a good summer!

Latest posts

Back