Dual 1073 style micpre & EQ in 1u

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update..  all the metalwork came in and so I've been frantically building a couple, so I can do the photos etc for instructions.. and also testing each of the different versions..  73, 73+, 66+ etc..  with the different powering options +24V, -24V, 24VAC etc so taking awhile!  Will get them up on the website as soon as I'm done!
L5vdHJN.jpg

I'd take four of these with the adjustable HF freq for sure. Would you be offering them assembled as well?

I've been wanting to build one of these for such a long time. This project looks amazing! I would definitely be interested in purchasing a set!

Mulmany said:
How is this project going?

Sorry for the delay, I had a large batch of assembled 500 series modules to complete recently but good news..  this week I finally finished testing all the different setups..  ie. 73, dual 73, 73+, the 66+ too.. and all combinations of the two.. and all is well..  Also took all the relevant pics for the site and manual..

One slight hiccup, I'm not 100% happy with how the input transformer mounts to the PCB..  so what I've done, is drawn up a simple small L-bracket that'll make mounting much better.  I'm going to start uploading the website pages anyway while I wait for that... which will have all the pricing, what's included in the kits etc and documentation..  and then when the L-brackets come in, I'll go live with the PayPal buttons etc.. 

I'm really interested in this as well. What is the website link where we can see the pricing information?

Finally everything is in!  I've updated the website now with all details, schematics, manuals, etc..  (You may have to refresh cookies etc..)
Hope everyone's having a great holidays!
http://www.thedonclassics.com/

onlymeeee said:
Finally everything is in!  I've updated the website now with all details, schematics, manuals, etc..  (You may have to refresh cookies etc..)
Hope everyone's having a great holidays!
http://www.thedonclassics.com/

Amazing! Any chance you'll offer them assembled for a fee down the road?

Definitely on my build list, awesome work, so much goodness in 1U! I was wondering how hard would it be  to add a blend output (xlr)? Like the Steve Stevens mod on the BAE 1073MP dual channel.

Interested in this build! However can’t seem to find 2NV73 knob kits on don-audio whether it be for the rack or the actual units...

going to order in the next few days.
downloaded the guide,shem, bom...and stuff, to study. 

one question I am unclear on, I see the pcbs have pins, and the mouser  bom, has 1mm board socket, do the pin and socket get soldered ? or what? never built anything with that style. seems dumb, but I am just unclear on that part.

also any difference in sound/tone with different power supply?

Back