Newbie wants to make a graphic EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Hello everyone

I am a total electronics newbie, and a huge fan of this forum.

I am trying to line up a couple beginner projects for myself. I am going to put together a few kits from PAIA.com and try a couple MXL mic mods.

However electronics are not the only thing I am passionate about. I am trying to start a career in live sound.

I have looked and looked but I can not find any threads about Graphic EQs. I am very interested in building one, but like I said I am still just a green newbie so I do not know where to start.

I am also a student right now so I am looking for some cheaper options.

Hi Jason

Welcome... You will find that this is a great place
to learn with lots of very smart people!! We all
learn from each other every day!!

Rob is right..DIYing a graph could get expensive
but could be lots of fun. However Klark DN27/27a
are very hard to beat and go for $200-$300 on
Evilbay. Most have trafos in and out and these
graphs sound GREAT!! A wonderful value for the
money.

Best of luck with what ever you do in audio.

GARY

Hi Jason,

Welcome to The Lab!

Graphic EQ projects are few and far between, (possibly due to having to cut long skinny slots accurately in your front panel :razz: )

However, the beauty of the graphic EQ is that it's a simple circuit, and can be adjusted to suit as few or as many bands as you require- from a 5-band guitar or bass equaliser to the full 31-band beast.

Rod Elliott has a schem here:

http://sound.westhost.com/project75.htm

...and there's a simple one in the old National Audio Handbook- if I get any time over the weekend I'll flop it on the scanner and post it.

:thumb:

Mark

thank you mark the link you posted looks like it will have a lot of usefull information

Latest posts

Back