Analog Pop/Glitch --- What is going on? -- (intermittent)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loji

Has anyone ever seen a distortion like this?

It's in the analog path, and very intermittent. It is not signal dependent.

it'll randomly just POP, occasionally 2 or 3 in a row. usually just once. Then will be fine for :20 min or longer ... and POP again.

It is always with 1- channel inverted, and both channels popping. towards each other.

What could possibly be making a distortion characteristic like that??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 12.26.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 12.26.28 PM.png
    478 KB · Views: 31
I know you mentioned the analogue path, but if you're monitoring through your converters it could be something there? I had a very similar issue recently that turned out to be a poorly seated optical cable between my ADC and my interface - just intermittent clicks, no pattern or relation to signal or patching. Simply unplugging and replugging fixed it.

Of course if the issue is pure analogue, please disregard!

Weird.... I'm not sure I understand the inversion deal? I don't see any inversion on the images? If it was one channel inverting into the other, wouldn't it produce a silence/ gap????

Anyhow, I've had goofy spikes from bad solder joints at the interconnects before...... Or bad solder joints in general???

Edit...ok I see the other part of the image.....Didn't open it up the first time.......But still confused about the inversion or if it is something to be concerned with as to what is causing the glitch.....

Latest posts

Back