Hey Y'all

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

Ever wondered why I left, I created a version of the  a Fairchild 670 I feel a little selfish with.  Some microphones too.  funk it I'm being modest.  I just lost interest in sharing.  Call me a jerk but what I have been doing nothing in my basement can rock you...Keep the the "Poorman" idea. I give you that

No use re inventing the wheel, knuckleheads are just coming up with new ways to downgrade audio...have fun geniuses, lol

When I combine my real processors with what Waves is trying to do...I start to have fun

Sorry when I drink I lose patience with the mediocre and theoritical jockeys, armchair scientists and such, lol

Ah, those were heady days, when you put up the poorman ...  :)

Glad to read you're still doing good things!

My Poorman 670 build is due for it's 5year service ... mostly just a calibration and re-measure the 6BC8 tubes to check on  the balance. I'm also thinking to finally change the Edcor input traffos to Jensens just for kicks 'n' compare.

Hasn't failed me once yet ... still like it alot

One day I want to try one of your more comprehensive vari-gm limiter schemos ... the one with stacked gr tubes and/or mosfets  in there ... I have a copy of it somewhere ..  looked very interesting  :)

Took a  lot of moxie to put that build out there (and cop the flak for your troubles!)

Good luck to you ...  the original 'Mr Poorman'    8)

analag said:
Ever wondered why I left

Honestly?  No.  We the mediocre have been enjoying the vibe here just fine.  I learn something every day.

I created a version of the  a Fairchild 670 I feel a little selfish with.  Some microphones too.  funk it I'm being modest.  I just lost interest in sharing.  Call me a jerk but what I have been doing nothing in my basement can rock you...Keep the the "Poorman" idea. I give you that.

Ok. 

abbey road d enfer said:
I can see you still think highly of yourself and poorly of others. We don't deserve you.

As a friend of mine once commented about a common acquaintance, "He is a very balanced chap - a chip on each shoulder."

Cheers

Ian

Lets see some current pics of that legendary squisher !

Though off the wagon, we hope irma has left you dry!

While I never  been content with being called a theorist or scientist 'armchair jockey' is also not fitting --but i like it!

Another periodical analag's moaning post, time goes by...

Not trying to blame you, not even know you, and from what I know your work is amazing, but this kind of posts happening every year or so starts being a bit ridiculous, or is just to keep new members updated about the big knowledge you're not sharing?

I think you have some hard feelings which are not really related to this forum or the people using it. We only talk about you when you start the topic, go on.

I thought only the intermediate-skilled people were cocky and all the greats watched down from high, stroking their wizard beards and kindly elucidating.
Thank you for keeping it fun, serious!  Seemed like a "drinking" post; i've been there.
Take care!
andy

I never wonder why anyone leaves or returns. People do what they do and what they got to do.

Many have left over the years for many reasons, some good, some bad,  and others just downright silly. 
It's good to hear you're doing amazing things and that you sound happy, I wish you luck in you endeavors. Remember it hurts a lot more when you fall off the high horse.

The killer diller thing about this forum is everybody shares, mostly in a spirit of cooperation. When the greats deal sternly with a newbie, as I have been dealt with, if taken in stride it forces the newbies to come up faster.

I've asked my share of stupid questions, and likely always will because audio, and electricity, are a mystery to me. I can use Ohm's law, but do I *really* understand it? Nope.

In any case, cheers to this board, and god bless the gaggle of zealots that we are as we press on towards audio greatness.

*Guiness*

pucho812 said:
I think us southern california DIY folks need to do a bowling night. No real reason other then hanging and bowling are two good things,
Agreed. I'm in the OC area. Whereabouts are you?

Anyone else in the So Cal area wanna hang?

Mike

Pasadena here, and I'm am so bad at bowling that I can provide all the entertainment needed.

I'd love to do an afternoon over at Apex Jr sometime soon too, maybe an informal hang and get a burrito after?

Back