8 channel balanced mixer with pan to stereo

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunkenCity

Did some poking around with the search but alot of the results were for different specfic applications(or I didn't see what I was looking for).
Does anybody know of a schem that fits this design?
8 channels of balanced inputs at +4dbm summed to a stereo headphone level with pans and level for each channel.
Pretty much wanna build my own active personal headphone cue mixer if someone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome!
Thanks

SunkenCity said:
Did some poking around with the search but alot of the results were for different specfic applications(or I didn't see what I was looking for).
Does anybody know of a schem that fits this design?
8 channels of balanced inputs at +4dbm summed to a stereo headphone level with pans and level for each channel.
Pretty much wanna build my own active personal headphone cue mixer if someone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome!
Thanks
I believe this is what is known as a "line mixer". That might help you narrow down your search. Also, I would recommend that you first survey which dual section potentiometers are available.

THe 'normal' way to do his is to unbalance each input, do the level and pan and mix unbalanced and then balance on the way out or maybe in your case go straight to a headphones amp.

A hand full of op amps will do it.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks that looks like what I'm looking for.  I found a schem for unbalancing and adding a db pad to bring the level down but the one on the page you posted probably accounts for the +4 level right?

Attachments

• balanced2unbalancedpad.gif
    balanced2unbalancedpad.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 41
Hello,
I have installed six units of Phonic mixers AM125 in a studio, for musicians CUES feeds.
They work perfect since one year, everybody's happy.... loud and...so cheap...  :)
Best,
Guy

Back