Sending big stuff across the pond (tape decks, mixing consoles,etc)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beatnik

I have the opportunity for some nice deals on a tape machine and a small format mixing desk from the U.S. (Pennsylvania)

I was wondering if someone has experience in sending this kind of stuff over to Europe and can give some recommendations

So far I had great results with DHL but this stuff is too big for them

Also packing these things up is not the easiest of things, I had a mixing desk sent over from eastern europe once, but it was in its flight case, so they only had to put it on a pallet

Would be great if someone can suggest a courier they used for this kind of things

Cheers

Try parcel2go.com. It's like comparethemarket.com but for shipping. They will at least give you some options and prices.

Cheers

Ian

Try companies that import old cars and car parts from the US. We've got at least couple of companies here in Finland that offer an shipping address for you at their various warehouses at the us coast where you can order your stuff "domestically". Then they'll ship the stuff across the sea in a month or two when ever the containers are full. I bet they can fit a console in between two cars :)

beatnik said:
I have the opportunity for some nice deals on a tape machine and a small format mixing desk from the U.S. (Pennsylvania)

I was wondering if someone has experience in sending this kind of stuff over to Europe and can give some recommendations

So far I had great results with DHL but this stuff is too big for them

Also packing these things up is not the easiest of things, I had a mixing desk sent over from eastern europe once, but it was in its flight case, so they only had to put it on a pallet

Would be great if someone can suggest a courier they used for this kind of things

Cheers

i thought that's what a freight cargo transport is for? shipping big stuff in wooden pallet to overseas?

https://www.theupsstore.com/pack-ship/freight-shipping

Anything over $2500 declared value has to go through a customs agent who is licensed to deal with export, and anything big enough to ship on a pallet has to be fumigated.  Really. 

emrr said:
Anything over $2500 declared value has to go through a customs agent who is licensed to deal with export, and anything big enough to ship on a pallet has to be fumigated.  Really.

Yes

you should go with a Transports/logistics company that ship "door to door" and take care of the customs procedures and documentation for you

I recommend Schenker:

https://www.dbschenker.com/global

Latest posts

Back