DBX 163x question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustav

Hi, Just picked up a few of these, and google searches dig out too many sales adds to find anything usefull.

I dont have a manual, so Im hoping someone here will know

1. I wanna switch the voltage, Is it done with switching it on the back, or do I have to change a fuse as well ?

2. Does anyone know the pin configuration for linking two together ? (I didnt know about it when buying, but theres a jack "link" insert on the back. Im assuming this is for linking two units to stereo)

Gustav

[quote author="rf"]Hi Gustav
Of course, if they are us models, you will need the proper adapter...?

Cheers[/quote]

you mean the power plug thingy, or something else I hadnt thought about?

Gustav

[quote author="Rob Flinn"]Gustave I have some pdf`s for the163 test & setup etc. send me your email & I`ll send them to you.[/quote]

Great...pm sent in a second.

Gustav

[quote author="rf"]I posted a scan of the schematic here at the Lab...[/quote]

Thanks, Roger, I completely missed that gift. I have been looking for this for sometime myself!

Original Post Here and the link there to the JPG file on Photobucket is still good!

Thanks!
Charlie

[quote author="SonsOfThunder"]
Of course, if they are us models, you will need the proper adapter...
Too bad you didn't get 163A, it has an IEC on the back...and a real knob for the makeup gain. :thumb: I think its the same circuit.

Bill's been looking for a year exactly![/quote]

Im not sure they are the same. I bought them completely in the "deaf" (havent heard then) and was recommhended to go for the 163x.. They could be, but thats not what I understood.

re: schematic - These are too cheap to DIY arent they ? $65 for a racked pair is hard to beat.

Gustav

Why all the threads on this primitivo DBX crap.

The sound is in the iron!

And electrons need to go thru a vacuum before they become righteous.
:guinness:

Thanks Roger. I haven't needed a schematic for it yet but the day will come... I like to keep schematics for all the gear I own, this keeps down time to a minimum.

CJ, I always run my electrons through a ferric - vacuo processor first before I do anything. This way you can force them through solid state devices later without any degredation. Braun make a few different models.

163a and x are both great basic tools. Easy to operate, hard to screw up. And durable. They don't sound super great but they sound better than the new crop of sub$100 comps out there, IMO. I have one each of the a and x. So, I guess I get elected to see if they are different or the same.

I have often thought that the smartest thing that someone could come out with "new" is something like this but using THATs processor like the "One Knob Comp". There, I said it and we'll be seeing that on the market within 6 months...you watch.

CJ, you are just ribbing us because there's nothing for you to take a hacksaw to in this puppy! :thumb:

Peace!
Charlie

Latest posts

Back