What Happened in Vegas?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott2000

I thought it may be better to start a thread discussing the Vegas attack. If everyone wants to keep filling the Trump thread, I'll just delete this post. I just figured it may help keep things more manageable......

Horrible

ruffrecords said:
And for that matter, what happened in Spain. Riot police shooting rubber bullets at the public.

Cheers

Ian
Spain not unlike the recent Kurdish vote was discouraged (considered illegal) by the central government. A separatist movement in Catalonia has been simmering for years.  The 90% success rate may not be representative, because those opposed aren't going to participate in the discouraged vote. (42% turnout of registered voters sounds like a US election...  ::) but certainly makes a political statement ).

JR

scott2000 said:
I thought it may be better to start a thread discussing the Vegas attack. If everyone wants to keep filling the Trump thread, I'll just delete this post. I just figured it may help keep things more manageable......

Horrible
I really hate how TV covers such news events, for days we will experience a parade of people proving that they don't have much new factual information to share. To fill the time they trot out expert spokespeople who likewise don't have new information, or investigate how people feel about it, and use the opportunity to promote personal agendas (never let a crisis go to waste). 

Of course it is horrendous, but I will wait for more actual data to emerge (that takes time).

JR

scott2000 said:
I'm already hearing ISIS is claiming responsibility and there are two or three different versions of the shooter.......

Some say the guy they're showing did it isn't the right one.....Same name, different guy......

I'm with you on the wait.......
I've already seens claims about ________ too...  As usual lots of fake news around high profile events, and ISIS claims credit for the hurricanes,

JR

[Edit- I decided to delete rather than repeat a probably false rumour... that's how rumors get spread. [/edit]

JohnRoberts said:
Spain not unlike the recent Kurdish vote was discouraged (considered illegal) by the central government. A separatist movement in Catalonia has been simmering for years.  The 90% success rate may not be representative, because those opposed aren't going to participate in the discouraged vote. (42% turnout of registered voters sounds like a US election...  ::) but certainly makes a political statement ).

JR

Agree. And to add; the central government is very likely right, legally speaking.

It just begs the question of what principles people and nations should stick to. Self-determination for whom and under what conditions? And do we support it or fight it or stay on the sidelines?

scott2000 said:
I'm already hearing ISIS is claiming responsibility and...................................

I'm with you on the wait.......

Some terrorist organizations routinely take responsibility for acts of terror that 'others' commited. It servers their purpose a lot of the time simply because it's instilling fear with zero cost.

Having said that it's not really out of the question that ISIS was behind it one way or another, or that some other violent organization was. Or it could have been a single nutcase....

JohnRoberts said:
I really hate how TV covers such news events, for days we will experience a parade of people proving that they don't have much new factual information to share. To fill the time they trot out expert spokespeople who likewise don't have new information, or investigate how people feel about it, and use the opportunity to promote personal agendas (never let a crisis go to waste). 

Of course it is horrendous, but I will wait for more actual data to emerge (that takes time).

JR

I agree TV coverage is horrible, but social media "coverage" is even worse. And far too many people mistake that for news, too.

living sounds said:
I agree TV coverage is horrible, but social media "coverage" is even worse. And far too many people mistake that for news, too.
I fear too many get their news from comedy(?) news/opinion shows that are more opinion than news, and late night comedy(?) monologues. But this is not a new trend, so many also get their history (if at all) from hollywierd movies. (The rest of that joke is they learn geography from wars , or they used to when there was a draft).

I am starting to sound like an old man ranting, but that would be age appropriate.  8)

JR

PS; Amusing to watch Mark Zuckerberg squirm about paid fake news... he really doesn't want to upset the multi-billion dollar apple cart.

PPS: I am having trouble reading my old school (paper) daily newspaper as they pedal as fast as they can to remain relevant (not for my demographic).

JohnRoberts said:
I fear too many get their news from comedy(?) news/opinion shows that are more opinion than news, and late night comedy(?) monologues.

A lot of the comedy shows are actually quite correct, both in scope and detail. Since they tend to lean liberal I'm not at all surprised that flies past conservatives.

The shooter who did such a heinous act, leaned liberal. If you read any part of his Facebook page
he is proud to be a democrat
part of the anti-trump army,
part of the organization for action,
Often said not my president
wants trump impeached
and watches the rachael meadow show.

maybe meadow is the problem? maybe we need to ban democrats or trump needs denounce them?

pucho812 said:
The shooter who did such a heinous act, leaned liberal. If you read any part of his Facebook page
he is proud to be a democrat
part of the anti-trump army,
part of the organization for action,
Often said not my president
wants trump impeached
and watches rachael meadow show.

maybe meadow is the problem? maybe we need to ban democrats or trump needs denounce them?

I'm curious, how do we read 'any part of a Facebook page' that doesn't exist?

And no, it hasn't been taken down. It never existed.

This doesn't have anything to do with liberal or conservative. This dude was disturbed, something really wrong in the head.

And where the hell did he get those fully automatic weapons? Maybe I'm out of the loop but aren't you only supposed to be able to buy semi automatic weapons?

Latest posts

Back