• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ShinyBox 46U Ribbon mic - brand new and unused -Sold

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruairioflaherty

****Sold****

Hi all,

I bought this mic almost exactly four years ago from the wonderful Jon Ulrigg at ShinyBox (forum member Fum here).  At the time I was enjoying a return to playing guitar in several bands, something that had fallen away in my years as a recording engineer and mastering engineer.  Not long after buying the mic my wife and I adopted our first of two daughters and my music playing went out the window, for now at least.  Life is just too busy between mastering and family.

I tested this mic on day one and of course it sounds awesome but it has sat unused since then, perfectly protected in a baggy, padded bag, hard case, and two shipping boxes :) sitting on my shelf.

There are various models in the range, this is the 46U with Jon's custom transformer - https://www.shinybox.com/ribbon-microphones/

U.S. only sales for now please (as a European I hate being that guy but it makes things so much simpler here and time is short).

****Sold****

Attachments

• SoShinyYou'llNeedShades.jpg
    SoShinyYou'llNeedShades.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 54
I am in Europe and i can testify to the fact, that this is a good mic. I used mine mostly for guitar amps, vocals, percussion, a lot of brass and woodwind,  cello and violin. I had mine selected by Jon to be a bit dark, to take the edge off things.

Thanks Frans.  I bought it for guitar recording to complement my long standing setup up of a Sennheiser 441 on cab and U67 further back.  If it doesn't sell I may have to pull out the guitars and start annoying the neighbors and kids.

I really don't want to have to deal with selling on Reverb or whatever.  Somebody here take this awesome mic and make some noise.

Latest posts

Back