tands

Re: The Second Amendment
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2017, 08:58:41 PM »
Meanwhile, the 1 million number of cholera cases in Yemen has been surpassed. Not that this news will be on any US source, of course.

The fact of the matter is there is gun violence and, we should address it even if it means giving up some things .  Hopefully there will be a solution.

Probably a good idea to take the state's guns away, right scott2000? Like you're suggesting would be in order for the populace in general? That would save some Yemeni from bombs and cholera, and we should address that even if it means giving up some things too, huh?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:15:44 PM by tands »
look on my works ye mighty, and despair

scott2000

« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2017, 09:08:57 PM »
Probably a good idea to take the state's guns away, right scott2000? Like you're suggesting would be in order for the populace in general? That would save some Yemeni from bombs and cholera, and we should address that even if it means giving up some things too, huh?

I never gave an opinion that would lead to the assumption that I agree a complete take away of guns will be a good solution?
I'm in favor of gun control. Restriction, if you will. It's going to inconvenience some but, it's probably for the better.

Like if your parents put you on restriction. Then they realize they want to go to the movies that night but can't because you're on restriction and they can't let you have a good time in the middle of restriction so, they have to give up their fun. But it's for a good reason so, it makes it a worthwhile thing.

I know this concept is probably foreign to many ....and maybe too simple of an example of how I view some parts of this debate.....

But yes, the wars and humanitarian crisis around the world is terrible.

tands

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »
Do you agree that the state's posession of weapons should be restricted for similar reasons as those you suggest are appropriate for the populace in general?

scott2000

« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2017, 09:36:13 PM »
Do you agree that the state's posession of weapons should be restricted for similar reasons as those you suggest are appropriate for the populace in general?

I think there are many ways our lives could be improved by limiting the use of weapons . Maybe chaos theory will come into play if we make steps to improve things. We have to make steps first.

tands

« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2017, 10:23:09 PM »
Should those steps include restrictions on the state's access to weapons, in your opinion?

bluebird

« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2017, 01:24:55 AM »
shut up TANDS your not in this! :P

I'll bite, Yes of course the state should have access to guns and even heavy weaponry. As much as I would like to think everything would be groovy without an armed police force, I just don't have enough confidence that the general public would be able to police themselves, or respect an unarmed police force. Maybe in rural areas but not in the big cities.

This seems pretty obvious, am I answering the right question?

Or are you talking about restricting street cops from carrying guns, but being able to call in armed officers if needed?
I think that might be a whole other debate. But that would be difficult here because there are already so many guns out there, you would have to disarm the people then disarm the police. And I think we already concluded its just not going to happen...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:30:49 AM by bluebird »

tands

« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2017, 02:33:05 AM »
Well then?

Given that both the state and police contain wackjobs that kill people unnecessarily (murder, I mean to say), and that the same is true of the general populace, why is it proper to restrict the general populace's access to weapons and not restrict the state's and police's, especially given that the state and police are doing a lot more murders than the general populace are, and a lot more arbitrarily? Why a double standard between american state, and american citizen if both contain wackjobs?

« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2017, 06:48:15 AM »
Well then?

Given that both the state and police contain wackjobs that kill people unnecessarily (murder, I mean to say), and that the same is true of the general populace, why is it proper to restrict the general populace's access to weapons and not restrict the state's and police's, especially given that the state and police are doing a lot more murders than the general populace are, and a lot more arbitrarily? Why a double standard between american state, and american citizen if both contain wackjobs?

The rest of the world is watching you closer than ever now... Will you 'support your troops' in another collection of illegal wars that serve no American interest whatsoever? Or have you had enough, and ready to call out your wackjobs for who they are?

Because this whole NFL flag, patriotism, military thing is a preamble to war. They're creating the same atmosphere again where anyone who speaks out against the US military is considered a traitor. You don't support the next war, you're a traitor.

It's 2003 all over again.

cyrano

« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2017, 07:40:31 AM »
Haven't you heard?

Donald wants more nuclear arms...

The Chinese, Russians and the Israeli can't stop laughing.
Why is it people love to believe and hate to know?

scott2000

« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2017, 11:33:12 AM »
Well then?

Yeah, Vegas would've been real fun without an armed police force.......

The technology for weaponry is here. Are we going to lobotomize everyone next to make sure no weapons are ever made or used again?
Unfortunately there is evil in this world. It's everywhere. And comparing/combining all men and women who dedicate their lives to serve and protect the citizens to a person who, let's say isn't thinking along those lines, proves my point to a degree. We have to do what we think is best.

The police are not exempt from having issues and the wars around the planet are a sad thing that have been a part of human civilization for many reasons, but the tongue has started more of this than people are willing to except and I don't see that changing any time in the near future.

People can't even pretend to act like they want peace.

I for one think the past was terrifying as opposed to today and I hope the future will follow this formula.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:36:29 AM by scott2000 »

tands

« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2017, 12:45:43 PM »

nsfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuFankMfKSo

As US-Saudi war rages on, around 4,000 cases of cholera are being reported every day—more than half of them children http://www.savethechildren.org/site/apps/nlne

In just 166 days, war-torn Yemen has been hit with over 815,000 cases of cholera

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/918842404391870464

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:39:50 PM by tands »

scott2000

« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2017, 05:28:28 PM »

nsfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuFankMfKSo

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/918842404391870464

Almost 32 million abortions this year..........  almost a million just in US this year.......
Won't see that on the news

http://www.numberofabortions.com/
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:34:52 PM by scott2000 »

bluebird

« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2017, 05:53:42 PM »
Will you 'support your troops' in another collection of illegal wars that serve no American interest whatsoever?

Yes, indirectly or directly every citizen of this country supports war by simply being a consumer. If you drive a car, buy things made out of plastic, use energy, whatever... you support war.  Nobody wants to take responsibility for the mindless consuming they do everyday, the resources it robs, and the waste it creates.

There's no one to blame but ourselves. Its a tough thing to see because since birth, your programmed to accept the ways of the society you grow up in.  Even if your parents were weird hippies like mine and you were taught to question things, the "system" is too influential  to escape. To take responsibility for the inequalities and injustices of this world is too painful. We learn to project that pain and guilt on to other people, groups, races. 

I can't possibly be that evil or callous...It must be THEM.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:57:48 PM by bluebird »

tands

« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2017, 06:09:30 PM »
Fine, it's your fault. You can try to blame me and the rest of us, but I'm not buying it.  ;D It's just some sophistry on your part to enable your own inaction and disinterest, and use the rest of us as cover, cause 'we're to blame too'. Right?

scott2000

« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2017, 06:20:27 PM »
Fine, it's your fault. You can try to blame me and the rest of us, but we're not buying it.  ;D It's just some sophistry on your part to enable your own inaction and disinterest. Right?

I think bluebird isn't blaming anyone. He is just aware that, some things will take small steps.

He builds and repairs electronics. This keeps our landfills clean, doesn't pay into the war machine on some level, and provides the world with a chance to create and/or listen to messages  by artists with a voice.And he's positive and always polite and intelligent with his ability to communicate what he is thinking.... That's something in my eyes.

I mean, if he were to join an electronics forum, with zero interest in electronics, solely for the purpose of creating discord among the forum members in the select political threads by shedding a light on every negative situation he could possibly think of in the world, that would be......

well,  not really productive.

Weird, but not productive. :o  ok...maybe productive in some way by sharing information....but still weird to want an environment of darkness all the time....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:26:08 PM by scott2000 »

bluebird

« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2017, 06:45:36 PM »
Scott your such a sweetie ;D thanks man...

It's just some sophistry on your part to enable your own inaction and disinterest,

You know you could be right, and I'm not going to pretend my experience is more valid than yours. I just really have a hard time pointing the finger. Probably some deep guilt I picked up along the way somewhere. Self worth issues, blah blah blah.

Well Tands, I do hope you can fight the goods fight for me. It usually is radical people who actually change things, for good or bad...

tands

« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2017, 11:19:55 PM »

I mean, if he were to join an electronics forum, with zero interest in electronics, solely for the purpose of creating discord among the forum members in the select political threads by shedding a light on every negative situation he could possibly think of in the world, that would be......

well,  not really productive.

Weird, but not productive. :o  ok...maybe productive in some way by sharing information....but still weird to want an environment of darkness all the time....

Did you see those A-12J's went for 300 dollars yesterday? You're welcome to think whatever you like about my interests and motivations, scott2000.  :D

CJ

« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2017, 01:51:25 AM »
ever seen an AK47 with a Triad line input electronic triggering system? a lot faster than the UTC A-10 version, and less leakage,

25,000 people die in India every year just from riding on the train system,
If I can't fix it, I can fix it so nobody else can!
Frank's Tube Page: www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/vs.html
Guitar Amps: http://bmamps.com/Tech_sch.html

scott2000

« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2017, 02:35:53 AM »
Now back to the regularly scheduled progun 8)

JohnRoberts

« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2017, 10:13:25 AM »
I have been taking a break from this nonsense but that is not an excuse for bad behavior while the scold is away. 

Everybody treat everybody else with respect.  This goes both ways, don't troll members with personal comments to instigate an emotional response.

Stick to facts and things that can be known or proved.

carry on

JR 
John Roberts
http://circularscience.com
Tune it, or don't play it...