The Second Amendment

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tands said:
Well then?

Given that both the state and police contain wackjobs that kill people unnecessarily (murder, I mean to say), and that the same is true of the general populace, why is it proper to restrict the general populace's access to weapons and not restrict the state's and police's, especially given that the state and police are doing a lot more murders than the general populace are, and a lot more arbitrarily? Why a double standard between american state, and american citizen if both contain wackjobs?

The rest of the world is watching you closer than ever now... Will you 'support your troops' in another collection of illegal wars that serve no American interest whatsoever? Or have you had enough, and ready to call out your wackjobs for who they are?

Because this whole NFL flag, patriotism, military thing is a preamble to war. They're creating the same atmosphere again where anyone who speaks out against the US military is considered a traitor. You don't support the next war, you're a traitor.

It's 2003 all over again.

Haven't you heard?

Donald wants more nuclear arms...

The Chinese, Russians and the Israeli can't stop laughing.

nsfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuFankMfKSo

As US-Saudi war rages on, around 4,000 cases of cholera are being reported every day—more than half of them children http://www.savethechildren.org/site/apps/nlne

In just 166 days, war-torn Yemen has been hit with over 815,000 cases of cholera

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/918842404391870464

Attachments

• you fund.jpg
    you fund.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 4
Banzai said:
Will you 'support your troops' in another collection of illegal wars that serve no American interest whatsoever?

Yes, indirectly or directly every citizen of this country supports war by simply being a consumer. If you drive a car, buy things made out of plastic, use energy, whatever... you support war.  Nobody wants to take responsibility for the mindless consuming they do everyday, the resources it robs, and the waste it creates.

There's no one to blame but ourselves. Its a tough thing to see because since birth, your programmed to accept the ways of the society you grow up in.  Even if your parents were weird hippies like mine and you were taught to question things, the "system" is too influential  to escape. To take responsibility for the inequalities and injustices of this world is too painful. We learn to project that pain and guilt on to other people, groups, races. 

I can't possibly be that evil or callous...It must be THEM.

Fine, it's your fault. You can try to blame me and the rest of us, but I'm not buying it.  ;D It's just some sophistry on your part to enable your own inaction and disinterest, and use the rest of us as cover, cause 'we're to blame too'. Right?

Scott your such a sweetie ;D thanks man...

tands said:
It's just some sophistry on your part to enable your own inaction and disinterest,

You know you could be right, and I'm not going to pretend my experience is more valid than yours. I just really have a hard time pointing the finger. Probably some deep guilt I picked up along the way somewhere. Self worth issues, blah blah blah.

Well Tands, I do hope you can fight the goods fight for me. It usually is radical people who actually change things, for good or bad...

scott2000 said:
I mean, if he were to join an electronics forum, with zero interest in electronics, solely for the purpose of creating discord among the forum members in the select political threads by shedding a light on every negative situation he could possibly think of in the world, that would be......

well,  not really productive.

Weird, but not productive. :eek:  ok...maybe productive in some way by sharing information....but still weird to want an environment of darkness all the time....

Did you see those A-12J's went for 300 dollars yesterday? You're welcome to think whatever you like about my interests and motivations, scott2000.  :D

ever seen an AK47 with a Triad line input electronic triggering system? a lot faster than the UTC A-10 version, and less leakage,

25,000 people die in India every year just from riding on the train system,

I have been taking a break from this nonsense but that is not an excuse for bad behavior while the scold is away. 

Everybody treat everybody else with respect.  This goes both ways, don't troll members with personal comments to instigate an emotional response.

Stick to facts and things that can be known or proved.

carry on

JR 

JohnRoberts said:
Stick to facts and things that can be known or proved.

carry on

JR

But everyone thinks what they say is fact.

With the internet, you can pick your narrative, and support almost any position on any topic with links and articles. No need to go obscure either; US courts have already ruled there's no obligation for the media to tell the truth. Fake-News is a first amendment right, and everyone takes advantage of it.

Here's a good example from Yedioth Ahronoth, Israel's #2 newspaper:
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4216986,00.html

The western press still lies about this...

The number of people killed by police in 2015 was undercounted by more than half, a new study from Harvard shows.

The law enforcement-related deaths were not documented on subjects’ death certificates — especially in lower-income counties, and when the deaths were the result of using Tasers.

Data collected by the Guardian, however, captured a large majority of the deaths that were not officially counted as law enforcement-related.
-

Feldman said that official data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control’s National Vital Statistics System (NVSS) coupled with The Guardian’s data set, compiled from media reports, paints a much more accurate portrait of the number of police killings.

According to the study, there were 1,166 law-enforcement related deaths in 2015, 599 of which were reported in The Guardian only.

The NVSS documented 44.9% of the total number of deaths and The Guardian’s list documented 93.1%.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/police-killings-omitted-official-count-article-1.3558594

Attachments

• its a gun.jpg
    its a gun.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 3
when i was a kid and generally trodden on by my peers and the system, my parents would try to cheer up by telling me

that when i'm successful and rich, i'll be the one treading on them and i can laugh and be happy that i'm the one with the power

under capitalism, even dreams and hopes for the future are defined and centered entirely around wealth and power over others

i never wanted to tread on anyone or have power over them but apparently, that was the only acceptable dream or goal to have

"well then things will always be like this for you" was the answer i got when i'd answer back i don't want to crush anyone, now or ever

the implication being that if i don't lust for the power/wealth to ruin people's lives then i deserve whatever suffering is put upon me

really helped solidify my perspective that society's really just a game of who gets to take a sh*t down the ladder onto everyone elses heads

but it's not all society, is it? it's just capitalism

https://twitter.com/AGhostFlipsUOff/status/919231334073098242

And who's using Kaspersky as a decoy?

https://wikileaks.org/vault8/

Who has been manipulating US elections?

https://crimeresearch.org/2017/11/nydythe-federal-background-check-system-messwhy-wont-democrats-gun-control-advocates-press-fix/

Hmmm...

Notes: The Crime Prevention Research Center is a nonprofit founded in 2013 by John Lott, author of the book “More Gun, Less Crime.”  He is best known as an advocate in the gun rights debate, particularly his arguments against restrictions on owning and carrying guns.
This is like Exxon publishing an article titled "Why can't solar panel companies fix their toxic waste problems?"

bruno2000 said:
Well, why can't they ?????????
Because Lott's entire existence is predicated on a belief that the only effective gun control is no gun control.  So perhaps he is not the best source of Truth in the things he believes can't possibly work.

It goes back to the quote (paraphrased): you can't convince a man to believe something if his paycheck depends on him not believing it.  Lott (and Exxon) both fail this test.

Latest posts

Back