Taming high end on G7 build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello, friends!

After a long time of being gone I am now back to finishing up some projects that have been laying around. I just finished putting in a different capsule in a G7 I feel that the high end needs to be tapered off a bit. There were some posts a ways back about different mods/upgrades (depending on your preferences) to this circuit, but I may need some assistance with that link.

Thanks!

Paul

For the low end you can change value of plate to transformer coupling capacitor. For example substituting 1uf with 0,47 or lower value.
But you have to be aware this can change Q of the resonnant system and in some case react differently that you would except as O Archut once advertised this can have opposite effect with bv8 for example as you modify Q.
If your mic have a capsule to grid coupling capacitor you can try there too.
Both are the cheapest option, alternatively you can change the output transformer for a lower ratio one or a different manufacturer... but this can be costly.

By the next couple of days I meant next couple of years.....

I'm powering through a number of unfinished builds and this one was still not quite done. I put a 180pF cap between plate and ground and that seemed to take the unnatural sounding zing off the top. It sounds more natural with still plenty of highs for brisk sounding acoustic instruments. Or refreshing. Which ever the kids are saying these days. Thanks, RuuDNL for your help way back when.

Thanks!

Paul

Latest posts

Back