• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 4 channel api 312-type mic pre $800

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocinante

I have a lot of API-type mic pres and although it pains me i need to slim down.  Up for sale is my M-3124.  This is 4 channels of API 312 type mic preamps that are just the bees knees with enough gain for days. These are extremely similar to my CAPI and API mic preamps (its the same circuit). Each channel has gain knob and 4 illuminated push button switches for polarity reverse, phantom power, output pad and an input pad.  The input pad and output pad engage before and after the circuit and are great for narrowing in the gain (instead of a trim). Each Channel also features a DI.  [br] The M-3124 was built using the pcb's designed by GroupDiy member Mitsos from Analog All-Stars. Two channels use gar2520 DOA's and two channels use gar1731.  Two channels use EA2503 output transformers (like CAPI) and two channels use Cinemag. All four channels use EA2622 input transformers. The difference is IMO subtle between the two pairs (but there) and both offer the hi-gain hi-quality signal path we like in mic preamps.[br]But how do they sound and what do you record with them?  They sound awesome and I have recorded everything with them.  Acoustic guitars have a great mid presence and electric guitars have that middle push through that just comes across so much easier when you're mixing. I recorded an accordion using just the m-3124 mic pre  with two Neumanns and a DI and it sounded exceptional.[br] I use the DI's for keyboards and often bass as it comes out just thick.  These were my go to for drums as well. I changed the knobs to blue kilo but can do either.  I built two of these and have another four API type mic preamps so I am good and need to slim down.
[br]- $800 is a f'ing steal.[br][br] [br][br] [br][br] [br][br]

Latest posts

Back