• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Quad Eight (Maybe Electrodyne or Sphere) Orange/Red Knob (Just Need One!)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40373

I purchased a Quad Eight graphic EQ recently but it's missing one knob! By some chance does anyone have one? They look to be similar to what was used as some console faders? Maybe the designed was shared with other brands in the era. If you have something you think matches please let me know

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6481.jpg

This needs 3D printing, someone could sell a lot of these at a reasonable price. 

emrr said:
This needs 3D printing, someone could sell a lot of these at a reasonable price.

That's exactly what I thought of doing.

If anyone knows anything about this EQ, please pass along information. It's a 10 brand inductor graphic EQ, no model number but each band's card is labeled "EQ 812".

It mostly works but each band oscillates and rings when fully boosted (tested using my bench supply)

FWIW, Orphan audio has some in green and black, but no red at this time. 
They're  considering having them made but it's a not cheap endeavor via molding etc.

The oscillation might be due to improper grounding, i had that when i first hooked up a QE712. Now they both work well  except for one of the band at 8.2k not working still trying to figure that one out.

Latest posts

Back