few question about the G9

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madreza

on the part list I have 4 47u 50V RAD.EL.LYT TRIPLER P48
but on the pcb it's written 47u 63V

which one is right ?
( I bought 50V , would it work ? )

same problem with C3/C103 which are 470nF on the part list and 220nF
on the PCB !!!!

except that my first day of soldering was cool ! :grin:

sorry guys I have a new question !

about the relay,
No way to find some 12V 2xCO

someone told me to take 2xRT and he didn't know what 2xCO was !
anyone knows where to find 2xCO in europe ?

( I'm nearly done with it ! :grin: )

Thanks

I see what you mean
The parts list says
12V 2xCO RELAY

What that means is
2 lots of a "change over" relay
e.g. DPCO or DPDT (x2)

Please read the forum descriptions before posting so that your post gets the proper attention. I'm moving this to the lab.

Yep ! Sorry Ethan !

When I first posted it I thought it was in the lab
Once posted ( and it took me a few time to realise )
I saw it was in the black market !
:?
Sorry Guys !

[quote author="uk03878"]I see what you mean
The parts list says
12V 2xCO RELAY

What that means is
2 lots of a "change over" relay
e.g. DPCO or DPDT (x2)[/quote]

I'm building the G9 too - but I still don't get it :roll: - what is a DPCO or DPDT??

Tak, Thanks, Danke, Merde :shock:

Can I use 0.6W resistors on the G9??

Can I use a 50K log pot for the "output level" ???

[quote author="Hulk"]I'm building the G9 too - but I still don't get it :roll: - what is a DPCO or DPDT??[/quote]
Just use an Omron G5V-2 - very easy to get (from Farnell, RS, Elfa etc.).

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I have found some DPDT's I'm going to use!

I have searched - Can I use 1% metal film 0.6W resistors in the G9????????????????????????????????????????????????

:guinness: :guinness:

I just finished my G9 a few days ago and when I tested it with my RME converter I got a Bzzz sound at -40-50 dB on both channels - the strange thing is that if I turned the power of the G9 and recorded I still got the Bzz sound so something is "bleeding" even though the pre amp is turned off!!
I'm going to work on it today so I just want to hear of any of you has some advice where to look for the problem??

I have grounded the 230V power input to the chassis and I have grounded the input XLR's at the grounding pin on top of the Neutrik XLR's and then I have connected all 4 XLR at pin 1.

I can measure around 9,5VAC on every pin on the XLR's or on the top of the OEP/Lundahl trafo's

Any advise where to look before I start to take everything apart??

are you using grounded mains power? that is, 3-pin mains plugs into wall socket with ground?

also try connecting the two chassis's with a piece of wire to rule out potential differences.

These problems probably comes from the power inlet filter in the rme - you NEED to run it on grounded mains..

Jakob E.

No I'm not using gronded mains!
...but I tried to connect the the gronding pin on the power input to a radiator and that only enhanced the Bzzz sound??

Back