New project advice

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Pink

I haven't done a real DIY project in years, so I'm thinking of building the classic tri-friznated de-lactinated gismatron. Y'all remember those, with the deplenorized non-reversible tremi-pipe, plumbed into the grid drip.

I recently ran into a stash of NOS U-mac 606 tubes made by Eimac, all have nice pure white getters.

In addition to the original circuit, I plan on adding exactly 0 dB of neutral feedback, for that extra level of clarity.

I'm excited to get started on this project, but would appreciate advice. Anybody see where the 606 wouldn't be suitable for such a project?

Gene

Attachments

• Umac 606C.pdf
    505.3 KB · Views: 40
As you probably know, the 606 is very orientation sensitive. If you mount it upside down it acts like a 909 which can lead to ear bleeds.

Cheers

Ian

Gene,

I think you have forgooten to add that all the tube modules have to be linked with solid silver core wire to minimise the skin effect, covered in PTFE sleeve and run with a spacing of at least 3cm to minimise inter-tube crosstalk.

Bandwidth should also be at least DC to microwave frequencies

Of course, I got one for my Kia mini van and noticed the performance boost immediately.

Attachments

• Flux Capacitor.jpg
    Flux Capacitor.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 12
Gene Pink said:
I haven't done a real DIY project in years, so I'm thinking of building the classic tri-friznated de-lactinated gismatron. Y'all remember those, with the deplenorized non-reversible tremi-pipe, plumbed into the grid drip.

In general I think this is a great idea. I'm glad it's de-lactinated.  You might run into some resistance with a  lactating gismatron.

Gold said:
In general I think this is a great idea. I'm glad it's de-lactinated.  You might run into some resistance with a  lactating gismatron.

Especially when you try to grease its nipples.

Cheers

Ian

They should start clinical trials of the rearaxial speaker to treat constipation ,13 sub octaves could move mountains I bet

Latest posts

Back