Calrec EQ pcbs ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteC

Hi

just collected all the parts for a pair of Gyraf's Calrec-inspred EQs.  Does anyone have the boards available before I try etch my own.
My etching is OK up to about 10x12cm but for boards 16x10 its going to be questionable.  I'd prefer to buy the boards of anyone can help ?

Thanks
Pete 

I have managed to etch a couple of pairs of boards with really good results in this size which is larger than I am used to etching.
In the end I had to double the size of my UV LED box so that I have a  UV light source that is 200mm x 160mm .
This has been fine for exposing the 100x160mm boards that Gyraf provided the artwork for.

A bit arduous building the LED UV box but well worth it for the high quality pcb results.
Consequently I have abandoned the buy-in option. I did get a couple of quotes from UK pcb house but they are quite expensive.

Will post pics soon.

Cheers
Pete

i have a Calrec EQ, PCB bought from Gustav. i like its sound, but i dont like the PCB / layout.
iirc it has some caps reversed, and the whole panel(s) is too big imo.

if anybody is making a new, "better" layout of this, please let me know, i may be interested in buying some PCBs.

what id like to have on the new version :
- checking all the caps directions, etc.
- adding "Out Trim" potentiometer
- 'upside down design' - compared to the current one. i dont like to have the LOW bands on the right and HIGHS on the left when EQ is racked in 1U, etc. sure i can put in the circuit "upside down" (and i did), but id prefer a mirrored design anyways..
- true bypass with relays (relays can be wired with passive switches if thats preferred)

here is my Calrec EQ, todo : painting and labeling..
IMG_7665_calrec_1U.jpg

PS: i was looking for Calrec EQ PCBs too not so long ago, but since i couldnt find (and didnt want to use the gerbers, or self-etch the old PCB layout) i decided to build some SSL 4k EQs.  guess what, thats also "upside down", and has its own set of "oh damn"s..  i need a better layout there too. (and thicker traces, theres a lot of room for that)

I have been planning on doing some boards for these, how many people would be interested and in how many? Professional manufactured double sided boards of course. :)

I need to just confirm my Omeg potentiometer library, and then should be able to do the design in ~a week. Also interested in what peoples ideal pot spacing would be.

Thanks!

How about these pots?  They're great quality and Mouser will be easier to get parts from than Omeg. 

858-P091N-FC25BR10K
858-P092N-FC25CR100K

JCN1218 said:
I'd be in for two boards  ;D

As for pot spacing, I don't really have a preference

Sweet
audiogeeks1 said:
How about these pots?  They're great quality and Mouser will be easier to get parts from than Omeg. 

858-P091N-FC25BR10K
858-P092N-FC25CR100K

I really like this idea.

I just added them to my digikey order, should get them by the end of the week. :)

imapoor1,

are you gonna design it "upside down" (so Low band on the left, High on the right) and are you gonna add the "Out Trim" to the circuit?

PeteC said:
Hi

just collected all the parts for a pair of Gyraf's Calrec-inspred EQs.  Does anyone have the boards available before I try etch my own.
My etching is OK up to about 10x12cm but for boards 16x10 its going to be questionable.  I'd prefer to buy the boards of anyone can help ?

Thanks
Pete
Pusherman in the UK has them on Stock. But there are a lot of wrong Tantals printed with the wrong Polarisation on the PCB Layout. You need to compare the PCB with the Schematics.  BR Herbert

Back