Another use for Guinness

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

I cut open a can of Guinness. the widget is a 30mm ball.

Thinking microphones it might be cool to use the widget like the 40mm sphere in the neumann m50. Maybe one of the small omni capsules mounted flush to the widget?

I don't know, people might complain that it's too dark and prefer something more transparent..... :grin:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Actually sounds like a cool idea.

Zach
:guinness: :guinness:

Gus,

I don't stop to be amazed. Just today I went to a toy store looking for a 40mm ball. And guess what?--exactly for the same reason. :thumb:
So let me know if you find something.

Does the ball need to be of a hard or soft material, and what are you thinking of for the capsule.

Marik, I got your PM but not the e-mail, try again.
Steve SPAIN

Gus,
We all know that you once picked through 1000 transistors to find a good pair...
...will you do the same kind of quality control on the guiness widgets?

:wink:
:sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: :guinness: :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: :guinness: :sam: :sam: :sam:

funny, and slightly OT tidbid about the current US guinness ads...

i sat in on a focus group for some extra $$$ several months back. they screened us the "mockup" ads for the new guinness ad campaign- explaining that before they made the final version they would storyboard it with paper cutouts and VO. after we saw a few versions, i mentioned that i thought that the ad might be funnier exactly as it was, rather than with live actors, etc. the group leader asked the rest of the group, and got the same response. he said that we were not the first to say that- other groups in other cities said the same thing. they thought it was unusual, and would have never considered running the "mockup" ads as they were.

a few months later, i saw the exact same "mockup" ads they had shown us in the focus group on tv. funny, and doubtless a cost savings for someone.

ed

Latest posts

Back