steel cases

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustav

Would it be a problem to use a steel case for these DIY projects ?
someone told me it could be a pretty bad idea, so Im just wondering.

please tell me its ok.....

Gustav

[quote author="BYacey"]Steel is good, better than aluminum in a lot of respects. Only it's not as easy to work with as aluminum, being harder. Steel however does offer better EMI
shielding compared to aluminum and is more rigid and heavier in weight.[/quote]

Oh, the person I talked to wasnt shure, but aired a concern that Steel might have greater risk of picking up noise than aluminium, but thats not the case then ?

Gustav

[quote author="gyraf"]Nope. Steel is fine. The boxes I use are alu at the front, and steel the rest ow the way around..

Are you finding case alternatives?

Jakob E.[/quote]

Farnell..
I dont know how the pricing is compared to robeshop etc when shipping is added, but I am SO fed up with them.

part numbers for vented and unvented 1RU.

644470 and 644523

Gustav

Kan man købe vare hos Farnell som privatperson?? Jeg kan f.eks. ikke købe hos RS som privatperson??

Sorry for the Danish!

[quote author="Hulk"]Kan man købe vare hos Farnell som privatperson?? Jeg kan f.eks. ikke købe hos RS som privatperson??

Sorry for the Danish![/quote]

I actually dont know - but if you want me to pick up an extra case just mail me and Ill get it done. I will probably put in the order tomorrow.. - edit: Dont know if you have to add tax actually - Ill get back to you on that if you want a case.

Gustav

Try Adamhall they have pretty great cases for a very low price.

http://www.adamhall.com/sidefa09e2769d5a97fe8429d99c508b9d2/imageFS.html?qImage=%2Fimages%2Fproduct-images%2F33%2F1039-f1.jpg&qTitle=87407&id=1112903293

Jonas

Back