schematic of ANT EB601V VCA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen one. At the end I gutted the cards for the transformers.
The input iron (Pikatron RÜP301) is equivalent to Haufe RK204 used in my OV560 and PMV70X.

I don't know the 800 series.
But if you make a picture of the schematic, I can compare it with the hardware.
One thing is sure it hase a strange part (could be the vca) called ANT449400

At the end I gutted the cards for the transformers.

@Silent arts:          have you kept the module ANT 449400? If so is there a way that it can come in my direction?

I kept nothing but the transformers since I never found a use for those cards.

What are your plans with the card?
EB stands for "Elektronischer Blender", it is a crossfade card.
Sure with VCAs, but I'm not sure if you can use it like a "standard" VCA cards (as far as I know the crossfade circuit is implemented on the card).

That "strange part" is just a cover for some thermal coupled matched transistors btw.

That "strange part" is just a cover for some thermal coupled matched transistors btw.
I noticed, but impossible to repair.
I know that the card reacts rather slow, so it is not  possible to make a compressor out of it.

2 things:
-I mix out of the box. Vocal rides are not so easy as in protools, so I wanted to make a box after my compressors and stuff that followed the automatisation done in protools. The idea is simple take an automated fader, like the faderport (presonus), use the voltage comming out of the fader to drive the EB601. Tracking is not that important as automatisation is never done over a large range.

-blender for parallell compression

Who knows one day I'll find a midi guy who can automate my console.....

Back