Any Cubase users here?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a legit 9.5 cubase licence it will also work for all other dongle based versions.
All versions will install seperately  on the same PC ;)

s2udio said:
If you have a legit 9.5 cubase licence it will also work for all other dongle based versions.
If you are replying to my comment-I'm on a mac and the old versions with the 32 bit plugins are not able to be installed on the "new" OS's.  My laptop is still running 10.10 and it is too new to install the old versions.  I'm not sure if that is different on PC or not.

s2udio said:

Just to clarify as well...if you have for example Cubase PRO on the dongle, that does not give you the ability to run Cubase Elements or another version of cubase-only older versions of cubase pro.  You still need to buy elements separately.  A lot of people don't like that, but it is what it is....

Well-let me clarify again...lol...I know you can not run Cubase Elements WITHOUT a dongle even if you have Cubase Pro.  I wanted to easily be able to do basic editing without having to pull out the dongle, so I bought elements to install separately on the laptop.  Maybe you can run Elements for free with a dongle if you also have pro on the same dongle?  I don't really understand what the point of that would be though.

I downloaded 9.5 to demo.  Why is cubase routing so complicated? Any other daw you can easily see (and set)  the i/o, on the mixer you see where the signal comes from and where it goes.  In cubase you have to scroll through menus for this. Am I missing something?

And solo buttons are red.  Really?

john12ax7 said:
I downloaded 9.5 to demo.  Why is cubase routing so complicated? Any other daw you can easily see (and set)  the i/o, on the mixer you see where the signal comes from and where it goes.  In cubase you have to scroll through menus for this. Am I missing something?

Yeah you are just missing it.  Go to the mixer screen (F3).  Click the "Routing" button above each track and they drop down.  If for some reason you have the routing button hidden then click the "racks" thing at the top and make sure routing is checked off.

Cuba's 10 is 50% off for another few days,  the crossgrade even cheaper.  I've never really gotten along with it,
but  considering getting it just to have for future use, as it will probably never be cheaper.

Back