R.i.p. Malcolm Young

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A true monster of rock with a unique style and sound ,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk7aJxagVPA

I was backstage at an AC/DC show in Hartford CT years ago...  they were LOUD....  When I tried to walk out in front and take a listen, I got about even with the front lip of the stage before turning back, and going home...  I was apparently too old, decades ago.. 8)

JR

In the early 1980s these Aussie maniacs were hell bent on becoming the world’s loudest band, fueled in large part by Angus Young’s Gibson SG-powered wall of amps. During the Back in Black tour, the group turned in a series of concerts at a whopping 130 dB. Complaints from promoters, however, moved the group to drop things down a few notches to the mere bone-crunching volume they play at today.

R.I.P.

pucho812 said:
In the early 1980s these Aussie maniacs were hell bent on becoming the world’s loudest band, fueled in large part by Angus Young’s Gibson SG-powered wall of amps. During the Back in Black tour, the group turned in a series of concerts at a whopping 130 dB. Complaints from promoters, however, moved the group to drop things down a few notches to the mere bone-crunching volume they play at today.
R.I.P.
I was visiting with an acquaintance who was the "boffin" travelling with them and tasked with keeping the sound system working on those tours. He is probably better known for his console design work (Steve Dove).

That was the time I was backstage before the show in a quiet office talking with Steve, when the fire marshall had them blow off the pyro explosive charge to test it. They thought it would be funny to not warn us...  :eek:

JR

Just in case anyone was unaware of classic vintage Ac/dc with Bon ,
check this clip out ,chunk rock rythym guitar and gang busters backing vocal by Malcolm too,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNJS7HzLaV8

Back