Which nice affordable ultrasonic bath?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thekid777

Could you please recommend me one?
Looking to clean old multipin connectors, face plates, some pcb...
Thanks!

You better narrow that down. They run from $24 to $1200, mostly depending on size. $24 goes to 3 inches: jewelry, not eyeglasses. 9-pin, not 179-pin inline. $1245 gets 5 GALLONs (22l), 19 inches (0.5m), enough for a small dog (but they shouldn't go in the ultrasound) or maybe a 19" rack panel.

So how big are your dirty bits?

I don't know where to look, there's a ton! don't know which power would be suitable and which liquid should be used to not hurt plastic parts and pcb-components?
Thanks! ;)

Hi folks,

intuitively, electronics and ultrasonic cleaners don't seem to match up to me. - water ingress, micovibrations etc.  What do people use them for; are they any use in cleaning up the solder side of pcbs for example -if so what is the liquid in the bath?

Having said that I do have a small ultrasonic bath, but never thought of using it on electronic stuff.

Regards

Mike

I wouldn't worry too much about mechanical vibrations; I know that ultrasonic cleaners are often usen to clean computer motherboards with lots of SMD components, appearantly without any problems!

My uncle who owns a clock and watchmaking repair shop has a vintage Tube ultrasonic cleaner ,2x EL34 quite a small C core transformer , Im not sure what solvent he uses ,but most likely its petroleum based so not really something you want to be dipping electronics into , Id say examples of this kind of unit could be found cheap nowadays .

I have a small jewelry one .  Used it to clean the jewel bearing on my ampex 1200 and 102 .  It has set for years. I’ll be getting it out again.  I just got the 1200 back. And will be going through it.  Not sure how much I’ll be using it but  will transfer some old 2 inch one more time if all goes well.

Latest posts

Back