Studio 939/Chunger still in business?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wordsushi said:
So you know that thing about asking and receiving? Guess what showed up on my doorstep just now?

Yeah, I'm a big panic monkey. The local news had a segment on Monday morning about "porch pirates",  the growing scourge of package thievery in Los Angeles (and I'm sure everywhere else as well), so I got to worrying.

So, pardon my psychosis. Again, I"m thrilled to have a place to order mic parts like these. I'd just be less inclined to worry if I knew when my package was going to land, but if that's what it is to get my mic parts fix, I guess I'll deal.

If you go sign up on USPS.com and UPS.com, you can get status updates and expected delivery times. You may already be doing that. But UPS even has a beta right now that shows a near-time map of where the delivery truck is at any given time. Hopefully it won’t be long until all shippers get on that train. They have mobile apps too, but can’t recall if the truck location thingy is available in it or not.

BT

I once ordered something from the USA, and a couple of days later the status was: delivered at the postoffice, recipient wasn't at home. Of course this could be possible...
But the strange thing was that the postoffice was in the Dominican Republic(!), and I live in The Netherlands (Europe).  ;D
I reported this to the seller, and they did send me again what I had ordered. This time I had better luck!

I only lost one package, worth 15 euro, over the years and with several dozens of packages. It was the Dutch post, from Amsterdam to Belgium. Usually pretty reliable. Tracking showed the package goin' north from Amsterdam from the beginning. I don't worry easily but that package travelled allover the north of Holland and never went south. So I mailed the seller...

He went inquiring with his local post office, filed complaints etc. From that moment on, the package vanished from tracking.

Post.nl never came through. The seller offered to pay me. I told him to get some flowers for his wife, as she had missed him a lot during those few weeks.

What is nothing short of awful, over here, is UPS. They throw packages over the hedge, in the garden, without my signature. They deliver to neighbours in a hit-and-run style. You know, ring the bell, leave package on the doorstep and run. Their tracking doesn't work and their app is the most awful user-unfriendly piece of software I've ever encountered.

Whenever UPS shows up, I sign with IDIOTS! Never seems to bother the courier.

DHL and Fedex seem pretty reliable. Belgian Post is weird. It seems to depend on the people you get at the post office. Sometimes they are friendly and helpful. Other times, I get complaints like "the label should be in the lower right corner. I can't send this" My answer to that complaint was turning the package. Of corse, the guy told me "now it's upside down!" So I told him the post's scanners can read upside down. That baffled him enough to accept the package anyway...

elskardio said:
Has anyone been in contact with Chunger in the last 2 weeks?

I wrote a few emails... but no response.
Thanks

I emailed him a few weeks ago about a shipping refund we agreed to, but I never heard anything back. 

Well I'm sort of glad to hear that everywhere across Europe we all suffer from the same.

We had the worst shipping experience we've ever had last week. My partner is an artist(and a mean guitar player), she was commissioned to make a piece at the last minute for Miami Art Week. She worked herself to near death to get it done on time, and we had no choice but to use fedex guaranteed overnight - from london.

Expensive. Well we shipped it off, (which was a pain in the ass on its own) and got on with other stuff. Went to check the tracking on the Tuesday afternoon to make sure it had been delivered. The tracking read "item still in UK" WTF????!!!! Then it stuck in Memphis for the next 4 days

In the end it took them over a week. She missed the Art festival. The photo I took of her piece had been used for the magazine front page and twitter/ instagram feeds. But wasn't at the show. This really could have been a big break for her. She rose to the challenge and Fedex fucked us.

:-[

elskardio said:
Has anyone been in contact with Chunger in the last 2 weeks?

I wrote a few emails... but no response.
Thanks

Hi there,

I have the same problem to get email reply from Chunger.
I ordered 5 mics body two weeks ago and i forgot to order Wood boxes so i contacted him (at least 6 times) to add boxes to my order but he never replied.
Is it the store still in activity ?
Did you receive recent parcel from Studio939?
Do you think i have to cancel my order ?

Thank you for your help ;)

I ordered one body, 2 boxes and some cables before Christmas, askink for a fast delivery, and everything was fine. He even  wrote me to make sure I was not confusing cables for my needs. Perfect service and communication. I had some delays too before in the communication, but nothing drastic.

I feel reassured but i still don't understand why he doesn't reply to my email ?!
Will try to contact him again.

xarolium said:
I feel reassured but i still don't understand why he doesn't reply to my email ?!
Will try to contact him again.

Cause Chunger have a Job that had nothing to do with the Shop.
The Shop is more a personal thing, that we get some cool parts for our pleasure.
He will always send you the parts, you just have to wait sometimes a bit.

Hello my Name is Martin i came from germany Nuremberg Bavaria and here comes my story to studio939 ...
bought and Payd with Paypal on 11/03/2018 (day / month / year) ... on 12/03/2018 sent an email if he can tell me the approximate shipping time to Germany ... on 25.03.2018 asked if everything is ok because he has not responded to any of my emails ... on 26.03.2018 15 days after the receipt receive an email that my package is on the way .... Unfortunately, the address is wrong and instead of Germany is the destination country De ... now my package is 6 days in the area around torrance on the way because there is a similar zip code like mine my postcode is 90475 Nuremberg Germany ... Torrance has 90505 ... it just bores me just this excuse he also has a job in addition to the studio939 so you have to do his job anyway thoroughly, after all, he has also got money for it! He does not answer my e-mails and I will pass it on to Paypla customer service on April 15, 2018, and I'll pay for buyer's protection so hope that I can get my money back

here the tracking number

CY101031452US  USPS

TillM said:
Cause Chunger have a Job that had nothing to do with the Shop.
The Shop is more a personal thing, that we get some cool parts for our pleasure.
He will always send you the parts, you just have to wait sometimes a bit.
Not being a professional is a shabby excuse; when one puts himself in the role of a professional, one has to act as a professional.

I think everyone should relax.

This package is in transit. As far as I can see, it has not gone to a wrong address.

It will travel all over the USA before it crosses the Atlantic. It is how the algorithms work. Zip codes may be similar to your PLZ but that means nothing.

I have a huge experience with importing music items from the USA to Germany and I think you underestimate how long this will take.

hello I have as a comparison only the packages which Curt has sent me from Curtpalme.com and these were always within 3 days at the airport and after 7 more days at the German customs ... there were also USPS priority international packages ...

until the rosewood grading as endangered species I often ordered rickenbacker bass guitars from the usa ... and these were with me after 15 days ... as well as international priority

Priority Mail International®

6-10 Business Days

Reliable and affordable way to send mail and packages to more than 180 countries. Plus, get Flat Rate international shipping pricing and free shipping supplies. From $24.95 at Post Office locations and online.

Martin, here are a few points to help widen your perspective:

1. The small print on the USPS makes the 6-10 business days meaningless. Their use of the word Priority does not mean much.

2. The package has been in transit four business days so far.

3. With a USPS package, I have no expectations when the delivery will show up in the EU. It could be 7-10 days, but I have had them take more than 3 months on several occasions. Mostly USPS Priority Mail International is 30 days to Germany.

4. I think the package is currently with a USPS partner carrier. Tracking information may look bizarre. USPS tracking not as precise anyway.

5. Expect the tracking to go silent when the package leaves the USA.

6. If I need something quick or important, then I take responsibility for it. I use my FedEx account and have it collected and delivered on my account.

7. There can still be delays on the way, due to outages at any sorting facility, bad weather and even exploding volcanoes in Island.

Alles Gute, nur das Beste, gerade jetzt zum Osterfeste!

Look at 17track.net with your tracking number.
The package is registed for Germany.
As said, 6-10 business days I had one time with USPS.
Mostly the packages arrive in 2 weeks or 3.
It’s also holiday season in the USA.
Maybe that’s the reason, that it take longer. Mostly the packages to Germany was send from  Fortn Worth or San Francisco. So just wait until it arrive there.

MicroPhonology,

Unfortunately, every time I've ordered from Chunger it was nerve wrecking! But that's not (mostly) Chunger's fault.
Chunger is very silent on emails. Some of us got used to the fact that he doesn't communicate promptly on emails and that he ships packages when there's enough orders instead of next day after payment. That's how it is. Could be better, but...

My biggest concern is USPS. I've ordered from Chunger's shop twice and on both occasions it took ages for the package to be delivered to Croatia. On both occasions it was stuck for over ten days in NY until getting shipped overseas. And after it leaves US you don't get any tracking info until it arrives in your country. It was like 15 days until it showed up on Croatian post office. And it was first visible on local postal office website! Then they had it on customs for next few days, then they mail me to proove the value, then I mail them and wait... and wait... so on... It was around 40 days total. Nerve wrecking 40 days!
But in the end, it never failed.

I've ordered from different sellers in US that use USPS. Sometimes it was super fast delivery, less than 5 working days. Mostly it was 10-15 days that I consider normal. Chunger's packages seem to travel slower.  :(

:)

Luka

Matter of : Studio 939 Mic Parts

Is 939 mic parts site still operational ? Tried to contact Chunger here using PM and from the website ([email protected]) about a recently placed order , been well over a week. Website is still accepting payments and shows stock on hand. Purchased two CU-49 bodies a long while ago, no issues. I have my own parts store but I keep buyers in the loop not in limbo. Just need a timeline, what gives ?

link : Studio 939

Update :
*** R A N T ***
Finally received a reply after I cancelled my order nearly 2.5 weeks later. Shipping was only two to three days door to door USPS. Thought I was never going to see a delivery due to total absence of communication, what a disappointment. Note : If your that busy selling parts, smoking the funny stuff or have other priorities that come before audio biz at least set some kind of delivery ETA so your return customers are not hanging like a Burd in the wind. A great way to run a small business, keep up the good work !

BTW- no complaints on the quality. very happy with my CU-49 bodies !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back