8 channel adat ADC...which chip? ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mhelin said:
Now who could design a PCB with that ADC chip, the V1401 ADAT encoder and some nice input buffer circuit.

I'm on it.  Gonna start with the typical application circuit provided with each chip. Does anyone have a schematic or data for an appropriate power supply? Looks like +5V for both.

I hate to say this, but it depends on what each 5V is used for.

An analog 5V rail will benefit from being heavily filtered, and generated from a LDO/Regulator. In my experience, analog rails are quite light in current compared to most digital rails.

Your digital rails, typically higher in current can be done with a good buck converter. (Switch mode DC/DC Buck). I'd strongly suggest you make sure it's running at a decent high speed (100kHz +). This will give you two benefits, the switching current (per switching instance) will be lower, happen out of audio band, and be easier to filter out with an LC circuit.

After 15 years in this business, I've always thought it was a miracle that system designers were able to get the performance they got from converter boxes. There are so many variables to fight - clean power, accurate clocking, front end signal conditioning. Then add the rest of the fun - buttons and switches for user interface, data conversion to s/pdif, adat, usb etc.

Having written all of that, i also have to say - just do it. Build it, try it, love it, tweak it. You'll have achieved more than most of us on here griping on about converters.

Hi,
I have a really nice unit that does what you looking for and Im willing to sell it for cheap

It's a Swissonic AD24, 8 balanced  Line signals straight to Digital - Adat

pm sent

ad-converter-swissonic-ad-24-mk2-slika-34560873.jpg

dustbro said:
I'm on it.  Gonna start with the typical application circuit provided with each chip. Does anyone have a schematic or data for an appropriate power supply? Looks like +5V for both.

Did you ever get anywhere on this circuit?

Latest posts

Back