Distressor GR leds

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenkonio

Hi guys,
hope someone could help me. I ain't got any Distressor schematics so it's a bit more difficult to troubleshoot. Here's the issue: the GR (gain reduction) leds on my Distressor are all working except for the 3dB & 4dB reduction. I unmounted it from the rack, opened and accessed to the led pcb board (that is attached with a flat cable entirely soldered... damn!). I saw 4 LM339 ic's (they're all quad so having 16 leds of GR mean that everyone could handle 4 of them). There's also a 74HC138. Seems like, from what I saw on pcb traces that the first LM339 (the one immediately near the 74HC) is the one that could handle the 1,2,3,4dB leds. Could it be the problem? I don't think it is related to two burnt leds (even if possible but never saw burnt led even in old and vintage stuff!). What can I do to solve the issue? It is not easy to desolder those ic's due to the flat cable always attached from the main pcb to the smallest led one.
Hope someone could help me :)
Thanks!

Back