Help about Pan pot mod in a console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thekid777

Hi, I have a console with stereo channels but the pan act on both channels at the same time (only one knob on a 2 X 10kohm)
I would like to be able to move the left or the right channel from left to right independently and not move both channels at the same time. Can I use a dual concentric pot to do this? How could I make it works that way? Here's how it looks today
Thanks!!

Attachments

• panpotinside.jpg
    panpotinside.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 10
That is because it is not a pan pot, it is a balance control intended to correct small imbalances in the original stereo input.

As you say, you will need a dual concentric pot and some mods to the circuit to achieve this.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian
would you know how I could wire the dual concentric to get the pan on each channel? A 10k would work?

thekid777 said:
Thanks Ian
would you know how I could wire the dual concentric to get the pan on each channel? A 10k would work?

Wire 2 single 10K pots , one for each channel instead of the dual 10K pot and see if that does what you need, if it works you can use a dual concentric 10K

thekid777 said:
Thanks Ian

Difficult to say without the schematic. The part you posted does not show the stereo input.

Cheers

Ian

Hello

As Ian say this is a L/R balance pot not a pan
What you want to achieve is a "dual mono" channel.

If you want it with a single pot you need a dual concentric with two shaft and 4 gang...
inner LOG+/LOG-
outer LOG-/LOG+
Which might be difficult to source as standard...

Or two pot like the one you have, wired like in the mono channels but duplicated for both side

If your mix playback is from DAW you better handle this before feeding the console.

Best
Zam

Latest posts

Back