Silk Screen Graphics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zamproject said:
oops !
and as usual, pcb manufacturer put a factory code on the top layer... that you can't hide under an IC  in your case :-\

Is that really cheaper than a proper black anodized AL with white digital print ?

Best
Zam

It is a lot cheaper. It cost £35 for five panels. Black anodised aluminium with white filled engraving is nearly the same price for ONE.

The factory code is annoying. I will ask them not to use it in future. They may refuse but I will ask or maybe get them to place under a knob.

Cheers

Ian

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
The test ones I had built are 3U by 7HP (1.4 inches)

Cheers

Ian

That's about 500 series size (3U x 1.5"). I think for two metal anodized and milled panels I paid about $70.

If you need quantity, say 25+ pieces, then also consider full metal panels with powder coat and silkscreen. Could be cost competitive with aluminum PCB.

john12ax7 said:
That's about 500 series size (3U x 1.5"). I think for two metal anodized and milled panels I paid about $70.

That seems about right. The thing with Schaeffer is the more holes and text you put on the panel the higher the cost. With an aluminium PCB it makes no difference.
If you need quantity, say 25+ pieces, then also consider full metal panels with powder coat and silkscreen. Could be cost competitive with aluminum PCB.
At that quantity I think you are right because the fixed tooling charges become a smaller proportion of the unit panel cost. And of course they look much nicer. I have never needed that many so far simply because customers usually want something unique and the quantities are not sufficient to justify it.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back