Stupid parallel question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Sorry for the total lameness of this question, but...

I'm trying to draw a schematic of a circuit board I have. When components are in parallel, do they have to be in the same order in the schematic as they are on the board? I mean, if a wire on the board connects A, B, C, and D in parallel, does the connection on the schematic have to be in that order, or can I draw it A, C, D, B if that will make the diagram clearer?

A B C D
___|___|___|___|

A C D B
___|___|___|___|[/code]

Hi,

If you mean this:

resistors.gif

...they are electrically identical (at audio frequencies!). Just draw it to be clear and legible.

Schematics usually have little or no relation to the actual physical layout on the PCB. If, for some reason (e.g. temperature sensitivity or thermal coupling), a component has to be placed right next to another, it will normally be indicated on the schematic even if the component synbols are separate.

Mark

I think the original post more accurately reflects series than parallel, but in either case the answer is the same. As long as there are no other connections (taps etc.) then order is unimportant.

Keith

[quote author="SSLtech"]I think the original post more accurately reflects series than parallel, but in either case the answer is the same. As long as there are no other connections (taps etc.) then order is unimportant.

Keith[/quote]

No, Mark Burnley got it right: that's exactly what I was trying to show.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back