• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for advice

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roly

Hi folks
A pillar of our musical community has passed away and, despite my lack of depth, I am the best candidate to sell off his gear.
There's nothing in it for me, all proceeds go to Bruce's wife.
Bruce was a husband, father, singer, songwriter, guitar player, and a tech.

Some friends and I have sorted through Bruce's vast inventory and I think there are a few pieces that may be of value to folks here.
I don't have a lot of details at the moment, but I wanted to ask if it's cool to post items here.
Yes?
From memory... there a lot of VU meters, some McCurdy transistor preamps, a hell of a lot of tubes, some test equipment, and at least five tube guitar amps. None of the tube amps are in working condition, but I can fix them.
Also some Hammond 804 transformers.
Bruce also built pedals.
All this gear is for sale locally, but Whitehorse is a small community, and I think it's unlikely that everything will sell locally.
eBay is an option but I would like to see this gear go into the hands of people who will use it, rather than profit from reselling it.
I will standby and if it's cool, I will  post details and pictures.
thanks folks
Roly

Yup I'm in northern Canada, north east of Skagway Alaska.

Currently -33C. Rather nippy.

I’m certain it’s totally ok for you to list anything and everything here. Please provide pix, descriptions and prices. I’m sure you’ll be able to sell at least a few things.

Oh and yes please put your location in your profile. Welcome.

If , you are not in a hurry and have time to research  [ and be helped here ]
list the items and do some research on your own as well.  time will tell , but likely
some items are more desirable and for a  " good " price  would sell quickly .

the first blink , is to always get the other person to give a price first , but if you put open to " offers "
some may super low ball and others think you want too much and not bother, so
it helps to be informed and have an idea of a bottom line.

Hello Roly,
I'm really sorry Bruce passed away.
I wish you can gather some financial help for Bruce's wife selling the gear.

Do a list of the stuff and post it here,
take pictures also to attract more interest

Best Regards

Hi Folks
I have completed all of Bruce's unfinished tube amp projects and all have been sold locally.
Life is complicated and only now can I dedicate time to helping out with the small stuff witch won't break the bank shipping wise.
Thanks to all for your advice.

Andre.....sent you a PM but your inbox is full.

Cheers
Roly

Hi Roly,
I'm happy that you were able to build those projects.

Please let us know what more do you have available for sale

Regards

Tiago

Hi Folks
I'm having a hell of a time posting pictures on line that I can link to here.
In the past, I have had success with Flickr.
Seems that it no longer works or OTS (operator too stupid) is a factor.
Can anyone offer advice about uploading pictures that can be linked to a reply here?
cheers
Roly

Hi Folks
Let me know if this works.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xfd4a1tacmrsc0f/AAAW-ERi2tl1Gu5SpendEaGVa?dl=0

OK.....seems that I can now post links to pictures.  :)
Picture could be a lot better.
I can post better pictures if anything you see is of interest.
Please shoot from the hip......if this stuff is junk let me know.
I can post pictures of the six Hammond 804 transformers, two UTC A 21 transformers if anyone feels it's necessary.
cheers
Roly

Roly said:
Can anyone offer advice about uploading pictures that can be linked to a reply here?
cheers
Roly

I use imgur nowadays, it seems what most people is using also, it works fine

https://imgur.com/

dropbox works also if you right click the photo, choose "copy image address",
then use the photo icon here to insert a pic in the post and copy the address there

p.jpeg

Hi Folks
Thanks for your advice.
Here's what I have done.
I bought the meters, transformers, and McCurdy preamps from Bruce's wife.
I paid 400 CDN and assured Deb that if, when sold, I exceed 400, I will transfer the difference to her.
Internet snooping has revealed that the Hammond 804s aren't worth much, perhaps 20 bucks, the UTC A21s perhaps 40 bucks......the McCurdys.....unknown.

Perhaps I have shot myself in the financial foot, I'm not all that concerned, I have maid worse decisions, and Deb needs firewood for the winter.

I have tested the McCurdys. They are working and quiet, despite the fact that the e caps are original.

Standby for McCurdy pictures.
Thanks for your help folks.
cheers

Hi
There's two pictures of API meters that I discovered.
They can be viewed via the prior Dropbox link.
cheers

Same link should now have pictures of the McCurdy preamps.
I have edge connectors, pinout, and a manual of the portable mixer they came from.

There should now be a picture of two Davin 5k pots....I have 3.

Latest posts

Back