Single motorized fader controller

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

I’m looking at getting a motorized fader to make mixing in the box a little more fun...  I’m looking for the best feel in the fader, other options don’t matter too much to me...  the PreSonus faderport looks like a good option... there are a few others out there as well any one have any thoughts?

I've been using the faderport for a couple of years now and have had really good experiences. The fader obviously makes detailed vocal rides much easier than using the mouse and has a good smooth, positive feel - but I've been surprised and impressed with the customisability of the keys as well (a host of useful shortcuts in Reaper at least) and it's become my main transport as well.

Hope the datapoint helps!

I've used the avid artist mix and mackie control.  Eucon is much better than hui, but in terms of fader feel I much preferred the mackie.

Do you only specifically want one fader? Having a bunch is more fun.

Thanks for the input guys,  I was looking at single faders because I’m really only looking to use this for writing automation...  Also, the small footprint would work well in my space. 

I’ve gotten pretty good with a trackball but it’s clunky, and I definitely miss the feel of a real fader.

Thanks for all the replies... After using it a bit, I love the faderport but I did run into an issue.

If you get one and you're using protools you must have it as the first peripheral in the setup, or you'll have problems with the HUI protocol.  For me, it was skipping channels, making it the first in the list solved the problem, and now it works flawlessly.

Back