NAMM 2018?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnRoberts said:
Been there done that, but not this century...  8)

enjoy

JR

I forget to mention he said to say hi to you.  He also mentioned you would brew beer and have parties back in the day.

Was a good show and nice seeing everyone.  Although the namm flu hit me hard this year.  Was out of commission for a while.

john12ax7 said:
I forget to mention he said to say hi to you.  He also mentioned you would brew beer and have parties back in the day.

Was a good show and nice seeing everyone.  Although the namm flu hit me hard this year.  Was out of commission for a while.

Man, you too?  I had my ass handed to me this year, I was in bed for 8 days starting on the Wednesday after NAMM.  And if you know me that's not my style.  Did we all get what Jakob had?

The bummer is that I'd never been more careful with food, sleep, hand hygiene than this year but it didn't help.

ruairioflaherty said:
Man, you too?  I had my ass handed to me this year, I was in bed for 8 days starting on the Wednesday after NAMM.  And if you know me that's not my style.  Did we all get what Jakob had?

The bummer is that I'd never been more careful with food, sleep, hand hygiene than this year but it didn't help.

Don't think I've ever gotten sick in previous years,  and don't really take any precautions.  Other than just having a bunch of drinks which should get rid of the germs,  maybe didn't party enough this year.

But yeah it was really bad this year,  hit me starting Tuesday night.  Took a long time to get back to feeling 100%.

john12ax7 said:
Yes, James was a regular at my parties back in the day if he wasn't working that night... He played in at least one local bar band (The Dirty Dogs). Having live bands in my living room ruined listening to my hifi for me.  :( Most local musicians who were any good at all would jam at my parties, and some who weren't that good.  :eek:

In all those parties I only had to gong one set, when I noticed everybody at my party had moved outside to avoid the noise. I shut down the players to replace them,  and even they thanked me.  8)
My worst show flu(?) was one year at Frankfurt messe, where I was sick before I flew out but decided to try to tough it out (big mistake). I got dehydrated during the long flight and was borderline delusional (worse than I am now) when I landed. My roommate who was supposed to share the room with me, refused and checked into a different room.  It took me at least a full day camping in my hotel room to return to the living.

JR

Really sorry to hear that you all suffered this too!

The thing I had the first day was more like a common cold, and the vitamine-overdose-drink (Thanks, Ruari!!) killed that off in 8 hours.

Unfortunately, on our way home, in flight, both me and Tim were hit hard by the NammThrax - took me more than a week to get back on foot.

But it was a real pleasure meeting you. Definitely not my last NAMM, if I can get it sorted...

Jakob E.

Attachments

• Drink.JPG
    Drink.JPG
    682.7 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back