Rear Connectors on Test Equipment

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjoneson

I've been building out new lab / bench space for a couple of months now, and am finally getting to the point of determining where I want to locate equipment.

My main bench is 36" deep, and I have some 20" deep shelves above it where I'd like to locate a lot of my test equipment.

A lot of my stuff has rear BNC for functions I find useful occasionally to often. And it's a huge pain in the ass to get back there once things are up on the shelf.

What do you all prefer/ do in this kind of situation? Does something like a BNC patch panel make sense?

bjoneson said:
What do you all prefer/ do in this kind of situation? Does something like a BNC patch panel make sense?

On the few units that have something on the rear panel that I need I will just leave a cable connected and dangling beside the unit. 

On my bench multimeters I actually use the rear probe connectors to have a set of grabber probes attached permanently and switch using the front/rear switch. 

Back