Re: D-47 Tube Mic Kit DIY Solution
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2019, 09:10:37 PM »
If I built an EF47 kit, with the power supply, would I be able to use that power supply with the EF version of this?  I am wondering about the pattern switching, since this has it on the microphone

yes it will work just fine with this psu , all you have to do is to remove power to the relay and bypass the pattern switch or simply cut the WIRE  ;D,   you will need to adjust the string resistor since you draw about 6ma less current on the B+ rail.

Best,
Dan,

TillM

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2019, 09:32:28 AM »
Now I’m done !
This body kit is such amazing !
Thank you Dan.
Use the 408a tubes and get luck with them cause mine WE408a a quite noiseless.
Transformer is from Srdjan (Moby) and like his BV11 I use in my M49 build I also like his transformer in my U47 clone.

TillM

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2019, 09:35:28 AM »
I use the Matt nickel head.
The capsule is a Flea K47.
Always used Thiersch M7 and want to try something new.

TillM

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2019, 09:36:34 AM »
And last but not least the K47 capsule in the holder.
Thiersch was kind enough to drill some holes in it.
Mic sound amazing !

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2019, 05:24:58 AM »
Hi, kind of an old newbie here. I built a lot of stuff but that was a few years ago...
I would love to build a couple of these! But I can't manage to find a build thread. I've built the MK47 before but as I said that was a long time ago and would like to get back up on the saddle,..

When I press the BOM button on http://www.vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com/OrderD47.html
I get to the D-U47FET build thread. So the BOM is the same for these microphones?

I have a couple of Raintons Ultimate Mic-PSU-chassis that I would like to use, but where do I find a PCB that goes with this build that fits the chassi? Would this Zayance's MK-U47 be a good choice?

Also I would like some tips for what to choose regards Capsule Holder, Tube socket, layout etc... I can go with Dans D7 as capsules, so would that be the regular M7 holder?

I rather buy transformers and the other components from Europe since I live in Sweden. What would you recommend?

Kind regards
John

vinylwall

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2019, 07:12:11 AM »
Hi Monoklang.  This D-47 kit includes BOM & Build documents as well as:
-Wooden Box
-M23 German Binder Mic Side
-Capsule Holder
- Tube Socket of your Choice ( Dual , Noval, Steel Can) and Mounting Hardware
- PCB or your choice  for different Transformer option and a Total of 3 different Circuit ( ef8XX-EF14, Dual 6028, EF12)
-Custom Heatsink on Request for Dropping resistor for original circuit or Dual 6028 circuit
- Plain Metal Deck supplied on request.
- Layout Diagrams of your choice.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:33:41 AM by vinylwall »
Jimi Ray

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2019, 03:51:05 PM »
Hi, kind of an old newbie here. I built a lot of stuff but that was a few years ago...
I would love to build a couple of these! But I can't manage to find a build thread. I've built the MK47 before but as I said that was a long time ago and would like to get back up on the saddle,..

When I press the BOM button on http://www.vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com/OrderD47.html
I get to the D-U47FET build thread. So the BOM is the same for these microphones?
this is a mistake on the webpage , i have corrected it and removed the link  all BOM and layout are coming with the kit

I have a couple of Raintons Ultimate Mic-PSU-chassis that I would like to use, but where do I find a PCB that goes with this build that fits the chassi? Would this Zayance's MK-U47 be a good choice?
yes if you choose the VF14 or dual 6028 solution, else i would be able to supply an dual rail PCB for other configuration but it will need some adaptation as per say recalculation and omission of pattern component but you have to figure this part out as i have no documentation on the psu yet

Also I would like some tips for what to choose regards Capsule Holder, Tube socket, layout etc... I can go with Dans D7 as capsules, so would that be the regular M7 holder?
yes regular M7 holder for D7, PM me your wish list and i will have a look

I rather buy transformers and the other components from Europe since I live in Sweden. What would you recommend?

Kind regards
John

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2019, 02:51:29 PM »
Hi all,

I'd like to share some pics of a recent U47 build we just finished up. I am so pleased with the way it turned out and the sound is jaw dropping. I did my best to build as close to original spec as possible. Dan was very helpful throughout the process. I purchased the power supply enclosure and circuit board from him in addition to the all the metal parts for the mic except for the transformer deck. I chose to go with the AMI metal transformer deck and circuit boards. As you can all see that is an original VF12M in the mic that I had in storage for some time. Additionally I used a transformer with NOS laminations from AMI, 10nf vintage styroflex C1 cap, hand selected C2 and C3 caps, Mogami cable, Binder connectors, and Neumann K49 capsule. I didn't spare any expense cause this was gonna be my #1 mic. Enjoy!

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2019, 02:52:21 PM »
Another pic

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2019, 02:54:48 PM »
And one more

rockinrob86

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2019, 10:00:21 AM »
Poctop, how is the U48/figure 8 mic's cardioid vs the U47's cardioid?  Identical in your circuit?  I've heard the U48 cardioid doesn't sound as good, but you know how the internet is!