D-47 Tube Mic Kit DIY Solution

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FLEA 48 with Dany's D47 headbasket assembly - perfect fit and works great:

FLEA48-D47head.JPG

Looks very interesting.  8) 

For the VF-12 / 14s, what transformers are currently available?  Is AMI still making theirs? 

tommypiper said:
Looks very interesting.  8) 

For the VF-12 / 14s, what transformers are currently available?  Is AMI still making theirs?

yes they are but there is other option too the AMI BV8 classic if very popular  , i have three different PCB that supports alot of different transfomer as well,  haufffe,cinemag , and others ....
best,
Dan,

hi Folks , for those who are building the mic , i have found that putting a small dab of epoxy on the contact tongue inside the headbakset eliminates a resonnance cause by it , as it might be confused with an Mbira instrument from africa,
also using a little dab of epoxy on the screw thats hold the tongue will prevent any shifting during years of operation ,

IMG_4906.jpg

I am almost ready to release the third batch , i have prepared a little temporary webpage to checkout the offered options,
http://www.vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com/OrderD47.html

Best,
Dan,

JessJackson said:
havnt visited this forum in a minute but WELL DONE bro. Looking sweet!

yes i have done it the last minute you were off  this site ,
;)
BEst,
dAn,

Mechanical Mic  kits are back in stock, :)

Matt Head Style is Now Available Limited Qty initial run
IMG_5469.JPG

D47 Mechanical Kit
IMG_5546.JPG

For the First Time U48 is also available in limited Qty initial run
IMG_5545.JPG

U48 Mechanical Kit
IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_5415.JPG

IMG_5440.JPG

IMG_5443.JPG

Best
Dan :)

If I built an EF47 kit, with the power supply, would I be able to use that power supply with the EF version of this?  I am wondering about the pattern switching, since this has it on the microphone

Back