API transformers Eagle parts

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TubeMonkey

Hi All, 

Does anyone have an API 2623 and/or API 2503 Eagle parts library?  specifically looking for the designs where half of the bobbin sits through to the other side of the PCB (square hole through pcb)

Thanks in advance!

EB

I was looking for one last week. I ended up making one. It's untested though and some things like the pad size/placement are arbitrary (e.g. it wouldn't be suitable for an actual API 312 layout). I used the spec sheet from CAPI and added a bit to the cutout for clearance. Use at your own risk. 

Attachments

• trafo-audio-EA2623-1.lbr
    10.8 KB · Views: 44
TubeMonkey said:
Hi All, 

Does anyone have an API 2623 and/or API 2503 Eagle parts library?  specifically looking for the designs where half of the bobbin sits through to the other side of the PCB (square hole through pcb)

Thanks in advance!

EB
Devices in Eagle are so easy to create I wouldn't rely on using someone else's; not because I don't trust other users, but because there are many incompatibilities between versions of Eagle (I still use 5.0) and someone's concept of adequacy may not be another's.
For example, there are a number of people who use bottom view instead of top view, and many use the automatic diameter for pads, which I don't support for components that are under mechanical stress, such as pots, switches, connectors and xfmrs.

"many use the automatic diameter for pads, which I don't support for components that are under mechanical stress, such as pots, switches, connectors and xfmrs."

Abby, is this to say you want minimal play in the drill dia vs thru hole components leg diameter or do you simply want bigger pads?

boji said:
"many use the automatic diameter for pads, which I don't support for components that are under mechanical stress, such as pots, switches, connectors and xfmrs."

Abby, is this to say you want minimal play in the drill dia vs thru hole components leg diameter or do you simply want bigger pads?
Bigger pads. Hole size must leave some play for misalignment.

I use a program other than eagle but I have to say that once you get good with creating your parts libraries from scratch you can fly with nothing more than the part at hand a decent spec sheet and or micrometer

Denyle Guitars said:
I was looking for one last week. I ended up making one. It's untested though and some things like the pad size/placement are arbitrary (e.g. it wouldn't be suitable for an actual API 312 layout). I used the spec sheet from CAPI and added a bit to the cutout for clearance. Use at your own risk.

ops  :-[
it say : not found 

Attachments

• NF.png
    NF.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 17
Back