New Neve Tube Mic (SE Electronics RNT)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingkorg

I just wish someone could make them stop manufacturing this bloody capsule. Listen to that guitar, and S/Z letters, my ears are bleeding.  And please notice the red tensioning ring. World of a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydKGjXqLc54

Attachments

• rnt capsule.png
    rnt capsule.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 86
Seems like they are using the same capsule in their new SE 2200 and in the upgraded X1s.

Curious if these are made through the Feilo Shanghai factories.

Notice unused mounting holes on backplate. Why would anyone put them there unless capsule is used in other products. A lot of other products. 

Seems some SE-guy is aiming for an article in Forbes magazine. This looks like serious entrepreneurship.
I initially expected a pricetag of 1.398$. They ask 3.249$ for it!
Manufacturing cost is probably below 100$ per unit.
With "Rupert Neve Custom Transformers",  a sharp visual design and some marketing it´s quite likely that they will earn insane amounts of money with a mediocre product that´s probably roughly the quality of an AKG P820.
A pretty obvious philosophy.

You have to pay for the "Neve" on the box, that's it!
Yeah P820 range.
Some boutique mics are made with similar philosophy - cheap capsule, fancy look (or even not) and the name.
Manley, Telefunken U.S., Peluso etc.
Anyway i like SE 35mm K67 and need to try titanium diaphragm capsule in my circuits ;)

Yes, realy like how that Se x1 D sounds. And they did terrible marketing move, advertising it as a drum mic!  :eek:

<joke> Hey, maybe it was targeted towards those who want / like the D... ;D

[ba-dum-tss!..]

kingkorg said:
Yes, realy like how that Se x1 D sounds. And they did terrible marketing move, advertising it as a drum mic!  :eek:

It breaks all brightness standards so far. I would die for a shootout against Se X1 or MXL 2001. I bet they would match 100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k18eqvyH6U

ln76d said:
You have to pay for the "Neve" on the box, that's it!
Yeah P820 range.
Some boutique mics are made with similar philosophy - cheap capsule, fancy look (or even not) and the name.
Manley, Telefunken U.S., Peluso etc.
Anyway i like SE 35mm K67 and need to try titanium diaphragm capsule in my circuits ;)
Mr. Rupert guilty as charged ;)

Back