New Neve Tube Mic (SE Electronics RNT)
« on: January 20, 2018, 11:41:00 PM »
I just wish someone could make them stop manufacturing this bloody capsule. Listen to that guitar, and S/Z letters, my ears are bleeding.   And please notice the red tensioning ring. World of a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydKGjXqLc54
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:12:59 AM by kingkorg »

DjaiTeam

Re: New Neve Tube Mic (SE Electronics RNT)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 04:53:58 PM »
Seems like they are using the same capsule in their new SE 2200 and in the upgraded X1s.

Curious if these are made through the Feilo Shanghai factories.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 07:04:16 PM »
Notice unused mounting holes on backplate. Why would anyone put them there unless capsule is used in other products. A lot of other products. 

DjaiTeam

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 06:25:51 AM »
I don't understand their filosophy but they should call mr Guosheng Zhuang from 3U  ;D

MS Vienna

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 06:43:28 PM »
Seems some SE-guy is aiming for an article in Forbes magazine. This looks like serious entrepreneurship.
I initially expected a pricetag of 1.398$. They ask 3.249$ for it!
Manufacturing cost is probably below 100$ per unit.
With "Rupert Neve Custom Transformers",  a sharp visual design and some marketing it´s quite likely that they will earn insane amounts of money with a mediocre product that´s probably roughly the quality of an AKG P820.
A pretty obvious philosophy.

ln76d

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 06:27:00 AM »
You have to pay for the "Neve" on the box, that's it!
Yeah P820 range.
Some boutique mics are made with similar philosophy - cheap capsule, fancy look (or even not) and the name.
Manley, Telefunken U.S., Peluso etc.
Anyway i like SE 35mm K67 and need to try titanium diaphragm capsule in my circuits ;)

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 06:54:37 AM »
Yes, realy like how that Se x1 D sounds. And they did terrible marketing move, advertising it as a drum mic!  :o

Khron

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 08:25:13 AM »
<joke> Hey, maybe it was targeted towards those who want / like the D... ;D

[ba-dum-tss!..]

Yes, realy like how that Se x1 D sounds. And they did terrible marketing move, advertising it as a drum mic!  :o
Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 04:30:38 PM »
 :D :D :D

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 01:05:46 AM »
It breaks all brightness standards so far. I would die for a shootout against Se X1 or MXL 2001. I bet they would match 100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k18eqvyH6U

Moby

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 07:29:29 AM »
You have to pay for the "Neve" on the box, that's it!
Yeah P820 range.
Some boutique mics are made with similar philosophy - cheap capsule, fancy look (or even not) and the name.
Manley, Telefunken U.S., Peluso etc.
Anyway i like SE 35mm K67 and need to try titanium diaphragm capsule in my circuits ;)
Mr. Rupert guilty as charged ;)
For microphone transformers,  BV.8,  Bv.11,  Bv.12, etc.. contact me at mobyelectronics at gmail dot com