how to find this 200M ohms resistor (for a valve mic nady 1050-sct2000

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antoinesoul

Hi,
i'm Antoine singer and guitarist from Paris France.
I recently had to mod a valve mic ( sct200) it also the nady 1050 in US.
Bad job, i unfortunatly broke a component wich is mark like a resistor (brown, plate 200M)
The problem is that nobody around me and in electronic suppliers in Paris knows this type of component.
They just never saw that !
Can you help me by identify this baby in europe, france ? picture below
Matt at Micpart told me it is a 200M ohms thick film resistor but i can't find it on the internet.
No pic, or any info
Don't even know the right name in french !!!
If someone can help : what it is exactly ( function also) and where to find this or equivalent.
Can't find it in Mouser or digi key catalogue .

Thank you so much.
Best regards

Attachments

• sct2000 (Nady 1050).jpg
    sct2000 (Nady 1050).jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 38
I recently had to mod a valve mic....
No, you didn't have to do that, and better you shouldn't have done it.

Buy here two of the 100M resistors and solder them in series and you will get 200 MOhm.
https://www.ebay.at/itm/Resistor-of-very-high-value-47M-68M-82M-100M-470M-mega-ohms-M-1G/362144588968?hash=item54517fe4a8:m:mwbcqwG_5-PH3BtxXNpHWow

Wait, better buy ten of them, because when you destroy the 51M resistors too, you can solder 2 of these resistors in parallel and you will have 50 MOhm.

If you don't like this french seller, you can buy such resistors also here:
https://www.ebay.at/itm/VISHAY-DALE-RNX038100MFKEL-RES-METALL-OXID-100MOHM-1-AXIAL/172807533480?hash=item283c21b3a8:g:jX4AAOSwYGFUt4g-

analogguru said:
No, you didn't have to do that, and better you shouldn't have done it.

Buy here two of the 100M resistors and solder them in series and you will get 200 MOhm.
https://www.ebay.at/itm/Resistor-of-very-high-value-47M-68M-82M-100M-470M-mega-ohms-M-1G/362144588968?hash=item54517fe4a8:m:mwbcqwG_5-PH3BtxXNpHWow

Wait, better buy ten of them, because when you destroy the 51M resistors too, you can solder 2 of these resistors in parallel and you will have 50 MOhm.

If you don't like this french seller, you can buy such resistors also here:
https://www.ebay.at/itm/VISHAY-DALE-RNX038100MFKEL-RES-METALL-OXID-100MOHM-1-AXIAL/172807533480?hash=item283c21b3a8:g:jX4AAOSwYGFUt4g-
Well the whole spirit of this place is learning, modding, screwing up, and even improving things and making great gear.

So yeah, maybe he had to mod the mic.

analogguru said:

I must admit, I have never actually seen a grey third band. One would expect a value that high to be a lot longer psychically, for dust resistance, humidity, etc..

Gene

Thanks for help Guys.
For Analog guru : yes the mod really worth it : all the people who dit it (and succeed) made a 200 bucks chinese mic sound like very close to A Neumann ( Pro sound engineers feedbacks)
i mess up because the guys who did the mod were also talked about very esay operation (ego trip ?) wich is absolutely not.
It's a trick of pony.  New component have very different size, a brainstorm to place it (there is a tube super close  : heat !) etc...
25 years ago and before musi i study electronic and i always had to fix my gear after.
So i don't consider myself as a total newbie in the field but frankly this one is challenging for me.
Anyway thanks for the links : i checked but how can be sure it is really a resistor ?
Because, on you link i can see more conventionnal resistor ( familiar to me) but on the board you can see there are also these two types. So why they choose on the same circuit conventionnal resistors and "special types resistor" ?
Thank you

Antoine, there is 99% chance this component is rgrid resistor, this is typical value for it and this kind of circuit (apex 460, tbone,etc,etc,...). An other clue is the other 50M components on the board which are here again typical value for capsule bias.

The only way to be sure is to study the mic schematic, so either you find one either you trace it from your board.

But i m confident this is a 200m resistor which has one of his end to ground the other to tube grid/capsule front diaphragm (or a capacitor to front diaphragm).

One last thing, please don t open multiple thread abour same subject, this make difficult to answer as there is multiple place to look at. I gave you some answer in the thread in the microphone subforum, and will add that you can contact B.Loffet directly as he probably was one of the people who implemented the mod you made.

if you want to go old school then go for the glass,
just had these flown in from the Richterstein Institute for a special project,  :D

sometimes they make funny noises when you breathe on them, wtf? jus sayin...

Attachments

• R.JPG
    R.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back