ssl9k parts problems continued...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asm

allright, i got most of my parts in for my 9k pres...

the inductors section calls for a two 15uH inductors, on the board they look to be pretty small, but what they sent me was way diffferent. these thigns are HUGE compared to whats supposed to go on the board. the values are still the same though.

i think the board wanted the wire wrap ones, but what i got looks something like this:
brushboards.jpg

its about 3/4" long. should i just try and make this fit or order new ones?

thanks!

edit: i also for some reason (4am order) got 250v poly caps instead of the required 63v or higher. is the footprint just going to be larger on these and the voltage not matter as long as its higher?

taylor

I odn['t have the mouser part no. anymore, but they should be smaller. I also built a board with jumpers in that position, and I don't notice a diffence in the sound. So order the smaller ones, or use jumpers there. They cost about 46 cents a piece if you find them.

[quote author="jeroddumas"]I odn['t have the mouser part no. anymore, but they should be smaller. I also built a board with jumpers in that position, and I don't notice a diffence in the sound. So order the smaller ones, or use jumpers there. They cost about 46 cents a piece if you find them.[/quote]

dammit, these things were 1.44$, and i got 10. frickin A. hope they let me return them.

but as long as the value is the same, it should be fine right?

thanks!

t

I yet to finish my 9K pre's but I got inductors that look like 1 watt resistors. These are going to fit no problem.

what about the transformer? did you get a toroid or square style one? 18v right?

all i see is 18-0-18 on the BOM, but i cant find that layout on mouser. all their stuff is measured 18v/.3a, ect.

what Amp spec should i go?

thanks.
taylor

[quote author="jeroddumas"]I also built a board with jumpers in that position, and I don't notice a diffence in the sound. [/quote]
No difference in sound with or without coils is the aim anyway, they're there for filtering HF-crap.
If the coils aren't there but the HF-crap is then you could of course get difference in 'sound'.

Digikey was outta stock on the M7827-ND or wanted a large order or something, I forget. I subbed the M8136-ND and it seems to work fine. Very small, fits easily. 51uh, ferrite core, I think it is only 5ma difference?

I used the Amveco TE62085-ND 22-0-22 transformer. Plenty of current to run multiple pres! Stays cool as a cucumber.

I used the 2k2 pots from england, and they work fine as well. I do not think it matters which way you hook them up (polarity) as long as you use pins one and two.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong on that.

These things sound great. Huge bottom end. Very nice.

mm

Latest posts

Back