All of my diy mics at work - thanks to you guys!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingkorg

Hi,
I had just a bit of extra time to finish this cover. Almost all of the mics are some kind of DIY done thanks to you people on this forum.

Shure sm57 (snare top) and beta52 (kick in) are only stock mics.

Modded pair of Rode NT3 overheads (hf boost removed)

SubZero pencil condensers modded with HF roll off on toms

SubZero pencil condenser with modded capsule snare bottom.

Groove Tubes MD1B Fet modded with deemphasis network - kick out.

Nady 1050 (usual mod + 6n16 russian tube and 3u audio transformer) with Dale m7 capsule (one side reskined with kitchen plastic wrap xD) on vocal and as room mic through Alctron mp73eq with Carnhill and Gyraf 1176.

Nady 1050 (usual mod) with jj 12ay7, 3u audio transformer, and 797 dual side k67 with 470pf plate to ground on guitars and bass amp track. And as second room mic.

Cymbals are overdubbed.

I went for minimal eq on everything, exept toms, kick, snare - usual stuff that needs a lot of eq for this kind of music.

Flat overheads, vocal just slight boost of high end and low cut. Guitars just low cut, bass guitar flat. Room mic flat. Room is pretty live space i have outside dead drum room. Doors open.

This sounds huge! Nice!
You didn't add extra reverbs in the mix? This is all room ambience?
Congrats on the mics you've built!

(a usput, ne mogu vjerovat koliko nas je tu na forumu iz ovih krajeva :)))

:)

Luka

I used Altiverb - Berlin Teldex impulse ( the room of my dreams ) aditionally on very dry overheads and snare.

But it's a combination of room mics, and Altiverb.

Veliki pozdrav Luka!

Latest posts

Back