[Infinitas]: USB Audio Class 2 Interface, 32 in, 32 out, DSP

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highly said:
I have an XMOS-200 carrier board from DIYINHK that I have been working with in a similar configuration. It creates 24 channels of audio out to an ADAU1452 over 3x TDM-8 busses. I have been using the Thesycon demo driver for testing because the Microsoft 2.0 driver will not enumerate the device with the error 'This device cannot start (Code 10). The request is not supported'. It works properly with the Thesycon demo driver, but that driver has beeps every 30 seconds. The Windows USB Audio 2.0 may require additional work to be functional.

Interesting. Seems that Microsoft is still not able to make an usable OS.  ;) The code 10 does not say anything except that even the system does not now what went wrong. I saw this error very often on Win7 and usually it was a broken driver or a conflict between multiple drivers. Usually reinstalling and therefore, restarting with a clean system solved it. Well, this is now years ago.

That may very well be the case.
I didn't mean to derail the thread with 'my problems', only to add that I hadn't had any luck myself using that driver with the XMOS generated firmware. I made the effort to use the MS driver before installing anything else and wasn't willing to troubleshoot beyond that point when I knew there was an easy development solution at the time.  The fix may well have been a minor one and I will probably try another machine soon to see if I can identify what went wrong now that I know the interface is functional. I am a beginner at software work and this project has required more than a little personal growth to get functional. I applaud your professional effort and the exceptional work!

Out of curiosity, why the inclusion of the FPGA in the design? Incompatibility with the ADAU output format for the chosen DAC? I reread post 39 and answered my own dumb question.

Update: Tried on an otherwise driver-clean Win10 install. Here are the results: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CdbHG8zuR9ZaUsQp7

Hey everybody!
I became a member of this forum cause I'm really interested in this project and would like to build one for myself.
Are there any news on when the gerber-files or boards will be available?
All the best and thank you so much for this wonderful project!
Tobias.

Hi,

I will have some boards available for sale in 2-3weeks. At the same time git repositories will go online. I am currently busy with making some build instructions. You know it, the documentation always takes most of the time.

R.

Good morning!

I have good news for those who want to get PCBs: I have decided to sell the PCBs via www.tindie.com.
This seems to be the most easiest way. I will order a batch of all PCBs this week and make them available on Tindie.

Raphael

Yes, the expansion board for analog i/o are released. The board name is AnalogIO-x8.
You can also visit www.freedsp.cc
There you will find a "Getting Started" file and a digikey basket.

I am currently busy with making a Getting Started document for the mainboard. Hopefully I will finish it this weekend.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures from the prototype with four AnalogIO-x8 boards giving 32 input and 32 output channels.

R.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    371.7 KB · Views: 103
Hi

Congratulations by this awesome project.

I am trying to compile the xmos sources but I have errors.
I can perfectly compile the original xmos files contained in the zip file sw_usb_audio- [sw] _6.15.2rc1.

However, when I try to compile the sources of infinite XMOS I get the error:

In file included from ../src/extensions/audiohw.xc:39:
../src/extensions\dspfw_IC_1.h:449:2: error: unknown function identifier `i2c_shared_master_write_reg16 '(possibly missing prototype?)

It is my mistake ?

Regards

You are really fast, there are no official links on freedsp.cc yet and you found already the git repository for the mainboard.  ;)

I think it is my fault, forgot to copy a file to the repository. Will fix it later this day. Meanwhile you can comment out the call of i2c_shared_master_write_reg16.

Certainly, I am very interested in building this project, I am really impatient  ;-)

I will wait for you to correct it to continue studying and learning from this great project.

Regards

Latest posts

Back