Analog Obsession goes plug-in!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, thats awesome...

Did you take classes for computer science or did you hire a programmer?

Or is there an analog modeling software that is (relatively) easy to learn? Just curious how you got into the plugin business.

bluebird said:
Whoa, thats awesome...

Did you take classes for computer science or did you hire a programmer?

Or is there a analog modeling software that is (relatively) easy to learn? Just curious how you got into the plugin business.

I saw this a while ago....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOUkI5hH2HY

I'm a pretty big fan of Steve Duda's stuff...... He gets into some of how he got into programming and some modeling...... Nothing specific but pretty cool to hear the process he went through to get there..... Even his older stuff sounds pretty great to me..... Andrew Simper is another favorite .....

I've downloaded a couple of ForthMonkey's plug demos....Can't wait to try them out.......

I didn't take any classes.I had zero knowledge about C++ and DSP programing.I spent a whole year to learning C++ and DSP programing.Read lots of books and open source codes.Then understand how DSP programing working.

And then i found a way to converting spice codes into DSP.So i'm calling my plugins "spice based".

Actually learning was really hard with no knowledge but i figured it out...

Now i'm working for companies to model their hardwares.

Wow I'm very impressed. Good luck on your endeavor, I think its is a very smart transition, and I'm sure most people here have thought about what it takes to be able to do what you did. Thanks for sharing!

Now i'm working on a plugin system.

Every spice users can build plugin with my system.Building this system will take time but worth. :)

Back