• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1073-1066-1084 cases new batch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Timjag said:
Sasarist

Number one, yes a 8 module rack for the units would be awsome, I'm also thinking to up my order to 8 1073 + boards with vertical text,  if that helps you get near your optimum order amount

I figure I might as well go all out! It can be this years project!
Tnx Timjag, it helps.Btw , next week I will prepare fronts , so everyone should decide vertical or horizontal print.
I will start to draw 8 channel housing , just to see do you guys prefer external or integrated PSU?Next , what you think about DI per channel and stepped output trim?

cheers

Psu - not fussed  both have there benefits although it would probably help with weight so I guess external is better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Output control is a must, doesn't have to be stepped after all it's replacing a fader so a pot is fine

Personally I think the Di thing has always been a bit of a gimmick, it usually bypasses the transformers and goes straight to the resistor network, to me the neve sound lies in the in and out transformers so I'd rather Di to the mic input with an external Di, but I know others like it.

Have you thought about contacting Blore Edwards about buying switches for bulk pricing on this project? They have switch kits for 1073s and 1084s...?

I have, they will discount more the more you order, it's about £1000 plus vat for four full kits with the aliminium knobs. Bret at blore  is really helpful.

I mean we could do a group buy, but after the Banzai binder thing I'm kinda burned out on doing that myself, it might be worth suggesting a discount for group diyers, I don't know, they're extremely well made switches and Blore are only a small company, considering how little this will cost in the scheme of things I'm inclined to give them my business

Bret is very nice guy , I can ask if there can be somekind of linked deal with this frame buy.So we can order together and they will made shipements and paying individual.
Just a idea .

Ok , I contact Bret today , and get promise that quotation will be send to me tomorrow.

wmarden said:
That's awesome! Win-Win!

Ok here is a Bret,those are prices for full sets , and they are great to

BLORE EDWARDS 1073 SWITCH  KIT  moq50                                          £129.70
KIT COMPRISES
1 X OPXR 1060 01 2P 5W
1 X OPXR 1061 01 11 2P 5W 47K LIN
1 X OPXR 1062 01 11 1P 7W 10K LIN
1 X ELMA 04 3-133 3 X 24 WAY 

BLORE EDWARDS 1084 KIT  moq50                                                                  £167.80
KIT COMPRISES AS ABOVE, MINUS 2P 5W, BUT INCLUDES
1 X OPXR 1063 01 11 2P 4W 10K LIN
1 X OPXR 1066 01 02 2P 5W/3P 6W DUAL CONCENTRIC

Is that for the Series 45 carbon track 10K/47K set? Which I believe is the most vintage accurate.

They also have knobs that look pretty good.

wmarden said:
Is that for the Series 45 carbon track 10K/47K set? Which I believe is the most vintage accurate.

They also have knobs that look pretty good.
I think that carbon is their default option.And , those ELMA knobs are expensive , and actually not exact copy of the vintage ones.
For attenuator red and low cut blue , just use ebay....those are same as in many commercial products.

Sasa,

I emailed you on quantity for 1084's (7-8) depending on cost and face plate needed to match ones I have purchased from you already. Please post pictures of present 1084 frames you're selling. Thanks

All,

If you guys are putting an order together for switches and pots from BE would like to know if potentiometers are going to be Vishay????

I posted for 2x 1084,but I'm not on the list. I'd like both to be vertical, but happy to go for horizontal if that makes the numbers work better. If boards are offered for the 1084, then I'll take 2 sets too, thanks.

desun said:
I posted for 2x 1084,but I'm not on the list. I'd like both to be vertical, but happy to go for horizontal if that makes the numbers work better. If boards are offered for the 1084, then I'll take 2 sets too, thanks.
Sorry , i will add you right on.For prints , just order as you wish I prepare all versions.Boards for 1084 are available to.

thestudio said:
All,

If you guys are putting an order together for switches and pots from BE would like to know if potentiometers are going to be Vishay????
You think on single pot for  high shelf or ones that are part of dual concentric?
I can ask Bret.

thestudio said:
Sasa,

I emailed you on quantity for 1084's (7-8) depending on cost and face plate needed to match ones I have purchased from you already. Please post pictures of present 1084 frames you're selling. Thanks
To some degree the new ones will be upgraded with few details.
-First inner panel - stop holes are added for d.concetric and Elma.
-Third inner panel - holes for axial el. capacitors
-also I made drawings for crimp in the side panels tooling , and guys from cnc workshop promise to made them , but no guaranties until they actually start to produce that part

Sasa,

In reference to our personal email exchange on inner panel and front face options I would purchase 8+ depending  on price (130).

thestudio said:
Sasa,

In reference to our personal email exchange on inner panel and front face options I would purchase 8+ depending  on price (130).

Tnx , price for this groupbuy is 130eur.I will add 8 for you , if you want to incrase , just let me know.

Can your company sell just the 1073 horizontal faceplates without the chassis? If so, how much?

drpat said:
Can your company sell just the 1073 horizontal faceplates without the chassis? If so, how much?

Well , why not.Contact me on PM.
cheers

Latest posts

Back