• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1073-1066-1084 cases new batch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thestudio said:
Received frames today .........did I miss something because no switches/caps were included like last order?

Yes , you probably miss info at the start of thread, this group buy not include switches and caps .Btw , I send you two caps with v. print.
Pushbuttons switches are available through Mouser or Blore Ed.I will post links later.

thestudio said:
Looking for the caps.....

https://www.ckswitches.com/media/1402/fpush.pdf

https://www.blore-ed.com/product-page/isostat-dpdt-switches

These look amazing. I have a half loaded Neve 8014 and it would be great to save on cash and build some of these. Any idea of when a build/wiring guide will be available sasarist?

CiaoPatsy said:
These look amazing. I have a half loaded Neve 8014 and it would be great to save on cash and build some of these. Any idea of when a build/wiring guide will be available sasarist?

I am not in  a situation to provide full wiring and building guide.
But, will make  some diagrams with photos which  will help a a lot to avoid common mistakes.In additions with original 1084 diagram , that will be enough.Also , will advise some chronological steps that my workers practice here in our workshop .

Great!!  Looking forward to the diagrams and any build steps you can provide.

I noticed that the Carnhill VTB1148 output transformer does not mount directly to the chassis inside. It appears that a bracket is used and that is mount to the side of the chassis.  Do you sell the brackets too?

AudioHammer said:
Great!!  Looking forward to the diagrams and any build steps you can provide.

I noticed that the Carnhill VTB1148 output transformer does not mount directly to the chassis inside. It appears that a bracket is used and that is mount to the side of the chassis.  Do you sell the brackets too?
Actually , I will send you for free.Just , before that , open frames and check that maybe they are not in one of them.If that is not a case ,  please remind me on my private mail in Monday.

cheers

Ok , this is where we start at BeeBird.Check pdf.
Also here is picture of 1084(almost done) that we made for one forum member.
Wiring of 1084 is not an easy job , but not to hard if you put everything in its place.Dual concentric to edge connectors are hardest part.
You have two way of making this.First solder wire to switches , and then to edge connectors , and we take that way at the beginning of our firsts 1073  , but now we do that opposite .First edge connectors ,why?  because that place can end as a ridiculous mess of wires and capacitors.Nice workflow  can be if you start with , ground and +24 wires and those big 470uf capacitors , and then slowly add a rest.Remember +24 on wrong place can f..k up your precious 10486.So check that part more than once .
Dont go to crazy with original 1084 one on one replication .Spotting NOS mustards and other 70ties era parts can be PITA those days.You have lots of great parts today.Yellow axial Vishay are very nice , and I advise you to put in quality el capacitors.Lots of benefits for small amount of added funds.

Attachments

• 1084.jpg
    1084.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 213
This pdf contain marked edge connector letters , so that will make everything easier.Also notice two lines of edge connector pins , that mean that those are 2x18 pin which are more easy to find .

Attachments

• 4 bcards layot.pdf
    34.6 KB · Views: 74
I have 10-15 B stock 1073-1084 frames which can go for 110 eur pcs. Front panels are perfect and most of back plates , but nickel plating of some  is not so uniform and with small sparkles.

Rob Flinn said:
When is you next available 1084 vertical batch please ?  Or do you have any B stock cases left ?
I have panels and cases , but first inner panel for 1084 is out of stock.Contact me on PM , and I will see what can be done.

cheers

You still taking orders for these?  If so if love a pair of 73’s board metal work the whole thing. I have a ton of the old transistors just sitting in a box id like to get in use.

Back