Otto's DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kertikristof

I feel a bit silly for not coming across this forum earlier but now I would like to grab the opportunity to share with you this project.

Some of you might be interested in a eurorack DIY ecosystem, made for easy and quick prototyping, module building.
I hope you will find it exciting, here is the campaign link:

igg.me/at/OttosDiyEurorack

First article with useful info on DIY equipment and general info to get started with building is up on the website:
https://intech.studio/p/?&page=Ottos&id=1564

FWIW: both links work fine for me...

@Ian

Indiegogo is well established and reliable. Or were you talking about intechstudio? That one I don't know.

ruffrecords said:
I was keen to sign up for the campaign but there is no Paypal option. There is no way I am giving away my credit card details on a site like this.

I am representing Intech Studio and you are not the only one who has the same issue. Please send me a mail, ([email protected]) or reach out to me at any of the intech social media pages. I am sure we can figure out something and happy to hear that you are interested in the project! :)

cyrano said:
Indiegogo is well established and reliable. Or were you talking about intechstudio? That one I don't know.

Intech Studio may not seem to be a "hip" company, we just started off and also chose indiegogo to get publicity, credibility. We will be exhibiting in this year at Superbooth18, with Otto's DIY and also a modular midi controller product line. Me (Kristóf Kerti) and my partner (Gergely Sövény) are the campaigners behind Intech Studio.  Anyway, fully understand your concerns and I hope that in the long run you will give us the credit. ;)

> there is no Paypal option.

Apparently "was", but not any more.

https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001131088-Why-is-PayPal-no-longer-available-for-my-campaign-

Indiegogo has all the best intentions. It is true that many bigger and more "serious" operations have leaked or been hacked in recent years, from HomeDepot to state pension agencies and even a local hospital. Scan the front page of TheRegister, there's always a hack happening.

Under US law and custom, your credit card is "fairly safe". My CC house has issued me new cards several times in recent years, because they had detected fraudulent use before I could. Dunno about the UK.

My Dad visited Israel once ,had the details skimmed from his card ,about a week after he returned a bogus transaction appeared on his account ,he only had to prove he wasnt in the country by faxing a copy of his return flight and they had it sorted out in minutes.

Hacking isnt going away anytime soon thats for sure ,and the more data is collected and centralised the bigger the target it becomes , one case in point is the Indian governments ID card database ,several hundred million people on it ,and now their personal details are up for grabs at 5 euros a pop .I'm right in the middle of fight with the Irish government now who want to do the exact same thing here despite top privacy advocates and law professors saying its destined to turn into a fiasco .

Despite our current 'Taoiseach' or prime minister being half Indian himself ,he's blithely continuing down this road to nowhere,its going to bite him back on the ass thats for sure .

PRR said:
> there is no Paypal option.

Apparently "was", but not any more.

https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001131088-Why-is-PayPal-no-longer-available-for-my-campaign-

Indiegogo has all the best intentions. It is true that many bigger and more "serious" operations have leaked or been hacked in recent years, from HomeDepot to state pension agencies and even a local hospital. Scan the front page of TheRegister, there's always a hack happening.

Under US law and custom, your credit card is "fairly safe". My CC house has issued me new cards several times in recent years, because they had detected fraudulent use before I could. Dunno about the UK.

UK has much the same protection but I have had to have my card replaced several times due to fraudulent activities and I would rather not expose it if I don't have to. I now restrict online card purchases to trusted vendors only. Anyone else I pay by Paypal. That way I do not have to provide access details to the account, I simply instruct Paypal to to send the money. They cannot later extract more.

The 'explanation' of why they are not accepting Paypal seems totally without content to me.

Cheers

Ian

Tubetec said:
Scuse the slight diversion from the business at hand Kertikristof.

No problem at all!

When we decided to start the project in the crowdfunding  format, finding out that paypal is not an option anymore was saddening.  Ian is not the first and probably not the last to share concerns regarding the platform and payment options. Personally had no issues with backed crowdfunding projects so far by using card. 

As an entrepreneur all of your user experiences in the subject are extremely valuable to me, thank you for sharing!

Back