Recommend a 1000$ vintage console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnRoberts said:
Never buy a used console,  ::)  and especially don't expect support from the designer decades later......  8)

JR

Hey JR

Is that a call for an AMR ?  :-X
8)
Best
Zam

zamproject said:
Hey JR

Is that a call for an AMR ?  :-X
8)
Best
Zam
I literally responded to a PM (on another forum) about an old 32x16 AMR console last weekend. He got the console for free, and apparently the service advice too. 

He said next time I'm in Portugal to give him a call.  ::)

JR

JohnRoberts said:
I literally responded to a PM (on another forum) about an old 32x16 AMR console last weekend. He got the console for free, and apparently the service advice too. 

He said next time I'm in Portugal to give him a call.  ::)

JR

Haha  :)
Nice one  ;)
Best
Zam

JohnRoberts said:
don't expect support from the designer decades later......  8)
neither from the company, particularly if it doesn't exist anymore (DDA, Soundtracs, Crest, Helios...)

BTW, I also sometimes have requests for one of the units I designed a number of years ago.
I'm torn between sorry for the poor guy who's gonna have to find unobtainable parts (pots and switches) and pride over the fact that he thinks it's still worth keeping.

Consoles are like old cars. Except old cars have more available parts with new suppliers . 
You have to think like cars in Cuba.  People come up with a way to keep them running.  I hope I’m ok after all the spray cleaner I’ve used over the years. 

Heres a little jem from way back ,not top of the range by any means ,but for the money if I already hadnt something better Id snap that up fast ,looks as close to immaculate as mother Mary herself ,

https://www.adverts.ie/mixing-desks/soundcraft-200b-mixing-desk/15287981

I am slightly biased,the 200B was the mixer I cut my teeth on first time round the loop ,fixed bands on all eq's not quite pro level stuff,but I bet its got more soul than a Behringer or a Mackie any day .The psu goes for more on squeebay than the cost of this unit .

Why do you need a console?

I recommend you keep the $1000 for Holidays and take the oportunity of changing equipment to understand that an analog console will not improve your sound and that you are better off without having to deal with the problems an analog console brings

My 2 cents

Back